|Special|| Warms nearby tiles|
Immune to frost
|Direct damage||2.5 normal damage shots|
|Splash damage||0.5 normal damage shots in a 3x3 square|
|Unlocked||Beating Frostbite Caves - Day 6|
|Unlocked (China)|| Collect 10 Pepper-pult Puzzle Pieces|
Collect 330 stars
|Some say Pepper-pult is a hot head. Some find his fiery disposition off-putting. But the truth is, he's just very focused and determined. He loves what he does. He appreciates everything he has. "I came from the weedy side of the lawn," Pepper-pult explains. "I worked hard to pull myself up by my roots. I'm a self-made pepper and I don't take a single thing for granted."|
Pepper-pult is the second plant obtained in Frostbite Caves in Plants vs. Zombies 2. It lobs flaming peppers at the rate of a Cabbage-pult that deals splash damage in a 3x3 area. A direct hit from a flaming pepper deals 2.5 normal damage shots, while the pepper's splash effect deals 0.5 normal damage shots. Pepper-pult is also a heating plant, which is capable of emitting heat every 1.5 seconds that gradually thaws frozen or chilled plants in a 3x3 area surrounding it, as well as being immune to all freezing effects itself.
Pepper-pult is based on the real life bell pepper, a cultivar group of the plant Capsicum annuum. Its name is a portmanteau of the word pepper and catapult, a ballistic device used to hurl larges stones for warfare purpose in ancient times.
Sun cost: 200
Pepper-pults lob flaming peppers at zombies and keep nearby plants warm.
Special: warms nearby tiles
Some say Pepper-pult is a hot head. Some find his fiery disposition off-putting. But the truth is, he's just very focused and determined. He loves what he does. He appreciates everything he has. "I came from the weedy side of the lawn," Pepper-pult explains. "I worked hard to pull myself up by my roots. I'm a self-made pepper and I don't take a single thing for granted."
Plant Food effect
Pepper-pult when fed with Plant Food launches three giant flaming peppers at random zombies on screen, each pepper dealing 15 damage in a 3x3 area. Unlike other lobbed-shot projectiles, the giant peppers cannot be deflected or blocked by any means, but can be negated by Imp Dragon Zombies.
Pepper-pult launches four giant flaming peppers instead of three.
By itself, Pepper-pult is a moderately powerful offensive plant and can hold itself against most threats. Its main value however is its ability to warm nearby plants, preventing them from being disabled by the wind and Hunter Zombies. Its greatest weakness is its slow recharge rate, which prevents the player from quickly covering the lawn against the cold and against huge waves of zombies, although Imitater can be used to remedy this.
The player should try to space out Pepper-pults in order to cover as much ground and reach as many plants as possible. When frozen zombies are near, the player should make sure their warm defenses are congregated nearby. Pepper-pult can also be planted at the front line to block Hunter Zombies and protect other plants, although this also makes it vulnerable against other threats.
In Dark Ages, Pepper-pult is not a good choice, given the fact that its normal projectiles can be deflected by Jester Zombie. Aside from that, Imp Dragon Zombies are immune to all fire-based attacks, making Pepper-pult useless in battle against them.
In Lost City, Pepper-pult can be used to deal with Excavator Zombies, though one should be weary if the Pepper-pults are placed towards the front, as if excavator zombies can shovel them, their Sluggish recharge means Pepper-pult won't be available for a while. It's also risky to use them in levels with Parasol Zombies, since they ignore Pepper-pult's projectiles outright.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Pepper-pult.
- Pepper-pult is the fourth plant in the series based on a pepper. The other three are Jalapeno, Chilly Pepper, and Ghost Pepper. It is also the first one among them that does not explode.
- In the 3.2 update, Jester Zombies could not deflect Pepper-pult's projectiles.
- Pepper-pult has the least damaging splash damage when compared to the other splash-attack lobbed-shot plants.
- Sometimes when Plant Food is used on it, it makes the same noise that Cabbage-pult makes when Plant Food is used on it before it starts launching giant peppers.
- It is the first plant in the international version to be brought from a Chinese game.
- Pepper-pult, Pea-nut, Homing Thistle, Dandelion, Dusk Lobber and Apple Mortar are the only projectile-shooting plants that do not have a fast recharge speed.
- In the Chinese version, it uses its unused Valenbrainz costume from the international version as its costume.
- In its almanac entry, it says "weedy side of the lawn", a pun of "wrong side of the bed."