|Tribe||Fruit Superpower Trick|
|Abilities|| Plants can't be hurt this turn.|
Draw a Card.
|Orange you glad Citron is here to protect you?|
Peel Shield is Citron's premium legendary plant signature superpower trick card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Guardian and Smarty classes. It costs 1 to play, and its abilities shield all plants for the turn it is played, and give Citron a card.
- Classes: Guardian, Smarty
- Tribes: Fruit Superpower Trick
- Abilities: Plants can't be hurt this turn. Draw a Card.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Legendary
Orange you glad Citron is here to protect you?
- ▲ Ability added: "Draw a Card."
Due to the nature of this trick, using this can make you near invincible when you have a plant in every lane, and the only things that can hurt you are Strikethrough zombies along with damaging cards and abilities that can target the plant hero.
A plant that synergizes extremely well with this trick is Soul Patch, as the lane it is on is basically impenetrable, and anything that manages to hit you is absorbed by Soul Patch's ability, basically making both your plants and you invincible. However, keep in mind that they can still be destroyed via destroying tricks or health-lowering tricks such as Locust Swarm or Nibble.
This trick is also very useful against zombie fighters with high strength and the Frenzy trait, as the shielded plants nullify the Frenzy trait.
If you are desperate for cards, you could play Peel Shield to get one, although it is a waste unless you have some plants on the field.
Unlike Uncrackable, you should focus on lanes without plants, as you cannot do any damage in lanes with them. You can, however, use instant-kill cards to destroy them, as they are only protected from damage and not instant destruction. If a Soul Patch is on the field, save your brains for the next turn as you cannot hurt literally anything this turn, unless you destroy Soul Patch.
In rare cases, the AI may play this at the start of the game or when there are no plants on the field, since it also draws a card.
- Its description is a parody of the punchline of a famous knock-knock joke, "Orange you glad I didn't say banana?"
- It, Tactical Cuke, and Lava Guava are the only fruit tricks in the game.
- It is one of the two cards that protect plants, the other being Root Wall.
- Coincidentally, both are superpowers, are in the Guardian class, and can be used by Citron.