- For other uses, see Gatling Pea (disambiguation).
Pea Gatling is an ability for the Peashooter in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare and Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. The ability turns the Peashooter into a Gatling Pea, which can shoot peas at a really fast rate for 100 ammo. However, once the Peashooter turns into a Pea Gatling, he will root to the ground, preventing him from moving until he runs out of ammo or the ability is deactivated. In this situation, the player can easily be vanquished instantly by a ZPG. It also provides small damage resistance boost (approx. 20%, 66% in Garden Warfare 2) when being rooted. Although it technically has to cool down after being deactivated, it can be instantly reused if a single pea was not fired. The impact damage of the weapon is 8, while the critical damage is 10. The alternate ability for Pea Gatling is the Retro Gatling.
The Peashooter can dig into the ground and root himself in place, turning himself into a Pea Gatling. He can deal more damage, but is vulnerable to attack.
The Pea Gatling is very powerful when trying to shoot someone from a good distance but it is very risky at the same time as you cannot move while shooting. It is best recommended to use this on safe camping spots where no one can attack you. Never root in the middle of the battle or otherwise you would be an extremely easy target. If you have nothing to shoot, do not be afraid to press the ability again to unroot yourself before the opponents can attack you. Try not to use this ability for close combat as moving spells can dodge it easily.
Zombie Stink Cloud or Super Stink Cloud can easily blind the Pea Gatling, resulting in 50% less accuracy. ZPG or Multi-Rocket can easily take out the Pea Gatling due to the Peashooter being rooted and unable to dodge the ZPGs. If you play as a Scientist, you can warp past the Pea Gatling to make an easy ambush target. Try to keep moving as the Pea Gatling will land less hits. Also, try not to run straight at the face due to being a dangerous risk.
- Unlike the Gatling Pea, a Peashooter using it can shoot more than four peas at a time.
- Elemental Peashooters, like Fire Pea, Toxic Pea, or Ice Pea do not shoot their elemental pea counterparts, they will only shoot normal peas.
- Unlike the Gatling Pea in the original game, the Peashooter wears goggles similar to a pilot's on the helmet, but he does not wear them. Also, the tubes seem to resemble bamboo instead of gatling gun bullet tubes.
- Like the Sunflower with her Sunbeam, the Peashooter takes 20% less damage while this ability is active.
- In Garden Warfare 2, Peashooters using it gain a 66% damage resistance.
- Its damage is also buffed in that game, dealing 10 damage max for impact and 12 damage max for critical.
- While the game suggests that it should be used for long range only, heavy recoil and instability while firing makes this very difficult.
- Because of this, it is virtually easier to take out closer, unaware zombies than far away zombies.
- If the player vanquishes ten players with it in a single session, they will earn the Split Pea Zombie Soup achievement.
- The ability is greatly similar to the Plant Food ability in Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- When the Peashooter is KO'd whilst using this, he will still wear the helmet until he is revived.
- The same happens for the Retro Gatling.