Party Rose is a Legendary Rose variant in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. When the Party Rose gets enough vanquishes in a session, she will enter Party Time!, which makes her move faster and deal higher damage, similar to the Computer Scientist's Crunch Mode.
The Party Rose cannot be unlocked through normal methods, which are sticker packs (excluding the Infinity Packs). Instead, the player must open Eternity Chests in Infinity Time to get her stickers, and that means he or she has to collect at least 15,000 Time Shards in that mode to have a chance at unlocking her.
There's never a dull moment when Party Rose comes around. Her Party Thistle fireworks routinely keep the Plant forces partying well past their bedtimes.
Vanquish foes to fill her meter and initiate Party Time, where you'll move quicker and deal extra damage!
The Party Rose's primary weapon is called called Party Thistles.
- The damage at all ranges is 7.
- The ammo clip is 18.
- The reload time is 2 seconds
- The projectile speed is slow
- The weapon is full-auto
- The bloom is low
- The weapon has a homing effect that can lock on an enemy.
- The weapon has a legendary meter called "Party Time!" which is activated once the player gets 5 vanquishes in a row.
- The Party Time! damage is 11.
Party Time! is the passive legendary ability exclusive to the Party Rose. Passively, getting Vanquishes fills the bar and once it is full, she will activate Party Time! While Party Time! is active, the Party Rose will gain a noticeable speed and damage boost which will last until the bar is depleted. The player cannot extend Party Time! by getting vanquishes whilst it is active.
Party Rose places a Time Snare on the ground which creates a large red cloud and slows down all zombies who are caught in it, leaving them slow and easy to take out for a few seconds.
Turns Party Rose into pure energy, making her immune to damage and allows herself to deal a small amount of damage to nearby zombies.
Transforms any zombies hit by her into goats, which leaves them practically defenseless, possessing nothing but a unique ramming attack. If these goatified zombies are hurt enough or a certain amount of time passes, they turn back to their original form. It is worth noting that the Party Rose can transform multiple zombies per spell if she hits more than one.
Party Rose suffers greatly from being a Party variant, and dealing with the new balance changes of her vanilla counterpart, making her a very situational and very weak option compared to other Rose variants. Party Rose appreciates the minor damage bonus and the speed bonus provided by "Party Time!" but it will be very difficult to achieve this mode for times you need it, whether against the AI or against players, since its damage output is shockingly weak until then. A strategy to achieve the Party Time is vanquishing one zombie at a time or hide if low on health. Use spells as in danger. If you are in Party Time!, note that activating Arcane Enigma stops the Party Time.
The only thing you need to be wary of is her crowd control ability, as her thistles are very weak and only reach slightly above the damage her vanilla counterpart can achieve once it enters "Party Time!". She is very rare in multiplayer, but as always, avoid her spells and you will have no issue dealing with her.
- ▼ Reduced Rose health from 125-100
- ▼ Decreased the magazine capacity from 20 to 18
- ▼ Reduced weapon damage from 10.5 to 7.5
- ▼ Reduced Party Time! damage from 15 to 11
- ▼ Decreased rate of fire by 10%
- ▼ Decreased maximum turn angle for projectiles from 45 degrees to 40 degrees
- Changed the way the projectiles look
- ▼ Reduced weapon homing
- ▲ Increased maximum tracking angle by 5 degrees
- ▲ Increased lock-on distance by 5m
- ▲ Slightly increased reticle to target lock-on angle
September 2017 Patch
- ▲ Increased Party Time! meter to count shared vanquishes
- When Party Time! is activated, the ballad jam played by the Boombox Zombie in Plants vs. Zombies 2 is played.
- Just like the normal Rose, her sound effect when she shot continuously was changed from an ascending tone to a descending tone in the Trials of Gnomus DLC.
- Party Time! will end if she enters Arcane Enigma or Arcane Lotus.
- Like all other party variants, her projectiles were the same as the base character, but had her own unique projectiles after the Graveyard Variety Pack DLC.
- The orb in her wand and the glow around it when she reloaded were also the same as the default Rose.
- Similar to the other party variants, she is eighties-themed.
- She is implied to be one of the three agents who got sucked into infinity in the mid-1980s, according to the Dave-bot 3000.1.