| Party Laser (Citron)|
Party Citron Ball (Citron Ball)
|Abilities|| Party Time!|
Party Citron is the Legendary Party variant of Citron in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. Like other Party variants, Party Citron has a Legendary ability named Party Time! which is activated if Party Citron gains enough vanquishes. While Party Time! is activated, Citron gains a massive speed and damage boost. Like all of the other Legendary variants, it only takes two stickers to unlock Party Citron.
However, like other party variants, Party Citron's stickers cannot be found in sticker packs. Instead, the player must instead open Infinity Chests in Infinity Time to find stickers to unlock him. The Infinite Infinity Chests will guaranteed a sticker, in which the player must collect at least 25,000 shards to gain said chest.
- ▼ Slightly decreased the Party Citron laser damage
- Changed the way the Party Laser looks
- ▲ Made bone-collision changes to reduce size of Citron’s critical hit area
- ▲ Citron can now fire sooner after coming out of Ball Form
- ▲ Removed movement speed penalty from transition into and out of Citron Ball Form Mode
July 2016 Patch
- ▼ Decreased damage falloff start/end distance from 25/35 to 10/20
- ▼ Decreased inner blast radius from 1.25 to .49
- ▼ Decreased outer blast radius from 1.26 to 0.5
Party Citron partied so hard that he ripped open the very fabric of time and was sent back to the Battle of Zomburbia. If he has any hope of getting home, he'll have to party harder than he's ever partied before.
Vanquish foes to fill his meter and initiate Party Time, where you'll move quicker and deal extra damage!
The Party Citron's primary weapon is the Party Laser. It is a laser that deals 2-4 impact and critical damage but also a small amount of splash damage. He deals 4-6 impact and critical Party Time! damage with increased splash damage as well.
Party Time! is the Party Citron's legendary variant ability which has a meter which is filled up by Vanquishing opponents. When the meter is filled up, Party Time activates and Party Citron gets a temporary speed and damage boost until the bar depletes or until they are vanquished. If Party Citron is Vanquished before the meter is filled, the meter will reset.
Assault Mode abilities
EMPeach, like its Plants vs. Zombies 2 counterpart, slows down and lightly damages zombies in its radius. It also prevents zombies from using their abilities.
When Citron Ball is used, Citron curls up in a ball, increasing his jump height and speed. It is most likely used to chase after Imps, as their increased speed and agility make it harder to hit them. When in Citron Ball form, Citron loses the ability to shoot and use EMPeach and Peel Shield, but gain Hyper Ball and Ball Charge as new abilities which replace the former two.
An alternate version of the Citron Ball for the Party Citron. Functions identically to the normal Citron Ball.
If Peel Shield is activated, Citron gains a shield in front of where it is facing, absorbing a certain amount of damage. However, Citron is still vulnerable to shots to its side and back.
An alternate ability instead of Peel Shield. Withstands more damage, yet has a shorter duration. Color changes based on how much health the shield has left.
Citron Ball abilities
Hyper Ball is the first ability available for Citron in Citron Ball form. When used, it further enhances Citron's already enhanced speed and jump height.
Citron goes back into his normal form, allowing Citron to shoot again, and replacing Hyper Ball and Spin Dash with EMPeach and Peel Shield.
Citron will slow down and roll in place for a few seconds, before charging forwards and hitting any zombies in his path, dealing damage to them.
Party Citron, like the other Party variants, suffers greatly from losing so much precious damage output for a "Party Time!" meter, making these variants a very poor choice for multiplayer, but a decent choice in matches against AI. The increased speed and damage from "Party Time!" is much easier to achieve against AI, as they will most likely never knock you out, meaning you won't lose your "Party Time!" meter to simple mistakes. Another big bonus from its speed bonus is that he becomes incredibly fast when it uses its Hyper Ball ability, arguably becoming one of the fastest characters in the game with these requirements filled.
This variant is a very low priority threat, much like other Party variants, as it is very weak for most of the round, getting a small damage bonus after it achieves its "Party Time!" for a short time. The most threatening thing about Party Citron is its very high mobility once its "Party Time!" is achieved and his Citron Ball form, allowing him to traverse a large amount of the maps length with ease and high speed. Party Citron is very rarely a threat, but it's still worth taking it down before it can activate "Party Time!".
- He, along with Captain Partyman, are the only Party variants to be nerfed after the Graveyard Variety Pack DLC as of now.
- While "Party Time!" is active, the rap jam is played.
- Similar to many other party variants, he is eighties-themed.
- He also has the same character model as Electro Citron, however just styled differently.
- He is implied to be one of the three agents who got sucked into Infinity Time during the mid-1980s.
- His Citron Ball form resembles a disco ball, but it is not white and flash, it is green, purple and pink.
- It also resembles that of Electro Citron's Ball form.
- He is the only Citron variant with a different ball form, being the Party Citron Ball instead of Citron Ball.
- He is the only Citron variant to not have any unique tattoos.
- Before the Graveyard Variety Pack DLC, his laser looked the exact same as the Orange Beam (Citron's laser).
- He is the only Citron that has a laser whose primary weapon name doesn't end with Beam. The reason for so is because the Party Beam is already taken by Party Brainz.