Parrot Pal is the third ability for Captain Deadbeard in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. It is similar to the Garlic Drone and Zombot Drone. It has 5 health, and is armed with the Parrot Pulse as its primary weapon. It can also deploy an airstrike named Eggsplosion, which deploys all explosives at once rather than one after another like the Cone Strike.
Who ever heard of a pirate without a parrot? Take to the skies with your Parrot Pulse, or lay waste to those below with some tricky Eggsplosions.
January 2016 patch
- ▼ Parrot Pal's cooldown no longer resets upon death. Instead, it continues recharging from where it was.
August 2016 patch
- ▼ Parrot Pal's health was decreased from 20 to 5 so that it could be more similar to the Cactus' Garlic Drone.
- See Zombot Drone, as both are similar.
- It bears a resemblance of the Pirate Captain Zombie's Zombie Parrot in Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- However, the parrot in this game seems to be mostly if not all machine.
- When this ability is used, Captain Deadbeard will be seen holding a map until the Parrot Pal is destroyed, similarly to how the Engineer used a remote control for his Zombot Drone until it is destroyed.
- The Parrot Pal acts as a replacement for the Engineer's Zombot Drone in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 as a drone for the zombies' side.
- Its name is an example of alliteration.
- In the animated trailer of Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, a Parrot Pal is shot down by Citron, despite it not being in that game.
- Its stickerbook description references the stereotype that most pirates own pet parrots.