|Absorbs||16.5 normal damage shots|
|Special||Her parasol cannot be damaged|
|Weakness|| All non-lobbed attacks|
(attack being lobbed, still damages her on impact)
|First seen||Lost City - Day 7|
|Wealthy beyond reason, the Parasol Zombie lived a life of luxury - when what she craved was a life of adventure. She funded the expedition to the Lost City and set out to see its wonders for herself, never forgetting to bring her trusty parasol. "In case it rains," she explained - but it only came out sounding like "Brains".|
Parasol Zombie is a zombie encountered in Lost City in Plants vs. Zombies 2. It protects itself and other zombies behind it from lobbed shots by using its parasol. The only way to damage it is by non-lobbed projectiles, such as peas, lasers, or explosives, and splash damage from lobbed plants, like melons.
Her parasol provides protection from lobbed projectiles.
Wealthy beyond reason, the Parasol Zombie lived a life of luxury - when what she craved was a life of adventure. She funded the expedition to the Lost City and set out to see its wonders for herself, never forgetting to bring her trusty parasol. "In case it rains," she explained - but it only came out sounding like "Brains".
Parasol Zombie absorbs 16 normal damage shots and degrades upon an absorption of 8 normal damage shots before dying at 16 normal damage shots.
Neon Mixtape Tour: "Rescue the Gold Bloom" Epic Quest - Step 2
Parasol Zombie is a dangerous zombie, especially in large numbers. It does not only protect itself from lobbed projectiles, but also the zombies behind it. When it appears with a group of Excavator Zombies and Porter Gargantuars, they can cause massive damage on the lawn. Lobbed-shot plants (Cabbage-pult, Kernel-pult, Melon-pult, Winter Melon, Pepper-pult, A.K.E.E., small berry of Strawburst, Spore-shroom, Blooming Heart, Dusk Lobber, and Apple Mortar) are useless against this zombie. The only way to damage them is to use plants that shoot projectiles forward, such as Peashooter and Red Stinger. Plants whose attacks can pierce through multiple zombies, such as Laser Bean and Fume-shroom, are useful for damaging several of these zombies in a row, as well as Excavator Zombies if they are also present. Snapdragon, Cold Snapdragon and Banana Launcher are useful against Parasol Zombie and Excavator Zombie. Do not count on Lava Guava's 3x3 explosion to hurt Parasol Zombie, because its parasol also deflects the lava created by the explosion. Parasol Zombie is affected by the resulting lava pool, however. Spikeweed and Spikerock also can damage this zombie, but it is advised to plant a defensive plant behind the Spikeweed or use a Stallia with it because of the Parasol Zombie's speed.
With Excavator Zombie
A Parasol Zombie and Excavator Zombie pair can be very hard to defeat, because they move very fast and can stop any projectile. Instant-use plants are still your best choices to kill them, along with two plants with forward projectiles and two lobbed-shot plants in the same lane. Two Red Stingers and two A.K.E.E.s can kill them. Laser Bean combined with Lightning Reed are a helpful combo in countering these two zombies at the same time. Splash damage of Melon-pult or Winter Melon can help both to harm zombies.
The duo of Parasol Zombie and Excavator Zombie is the most dangerous at this level. It is advisable to have a Repeater or Red Stinger and Melon-pult or A.K.E.E. in each row. Spikerock may be useful against Parasol Zombie, but not against Excavator Zombie. It is also advisable to be careful with Bug Zombie and Lost Pilot Zombie.
- It, Imp Mermaid Zombie, Bikini Zombie and its variants, Weasel Hoarder, and Glitter Zombie are so far the only zombies verified as female in Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- If it is burned or zapped, its burning or zapping animation includes its parasol.
- It seems to have the same hair as a normal zombie when burned, despite the fact that it has different hair.
- When its loses its left arm, the glove will still hold the parasol. It only disappears during its dying animation. This is shared with Wizard Zombie.
- This also used to apply to Excavator Zombie, but this was later patched.
- It is the zombie counterpart of Umbrella Leaf.
- Melon-pult, Winter Melon, and Pepper-pult can attack it indirectly via splash damage.
- Its appearance is a reference to Jane Porter from Tarzan of the Apes. Also, it is referenced in the code of the game as "lostcity_jane."
- Currently, it is affected by Lava Guava's 3x3 explosion and the small berry of Strawburst. This might be a glitch.
- Two of it can appear in the seed selection screen in Temple of Bloom, however, this occurrence is extremely rare.
- It and Glitter Zombie are the only female zombies to wear visible makeup.
- It is voiced by Elizabeth Cummins according to the credits.
- In the older updates, she was referred to as Lizz Cummins.