|Abilities||When played: Make a 2/2 Pear Pal with Team-Up here.|
|It's cute how they're always completing each other's sentences.|
Pair of Pears is a premium uncommon plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Kabloom class. It costs 4 to play, and has 2/2. It does not have any traits, and its ability makes a Pear Pal in front of it when it is played, but only if the lane is unoccupied by another Team-Up plant.
Its name is based on the word "pair," which is a homophone of the fruit "pear."
- Class: Kabloom
- Tribe: Fruit Plant
- Traits: None
- Ability: When played: Make a 2/2 Pear Pal with Team-Up here.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Uncommon
It's cute how they're always completing each other's sentences.
- Set - Rarity change: Basic - Common → Premium - Uncommon
Pair of Pears works the same way as Shroom for Two does, except Pair of Pears dishes out 4 damage a turn if both pears are alive, or 2 if one pear is destroyed, costs four times as much, and cannot be affected by Buff-Shroom or Punish-Shroom unlike Shroom for Two. It is a decent plant, but you can get better plants for the same cost, such as Bloomerang. It is mainly useful for being able to block 2 attacks if not destroyed by attacks or Strikethrough. Bouncing it with Rescue Radish also helps, as it can be replayed for another Pear Pal. However, this combo can only be done normally by Nightcap.
Due to its ability, this card can boost Muscle Sprout's strength and health by 2 each. However, only Captain Combustible can do this, and Shroom for Two is better if you are to use it for this purpose only.
Pair of Pears is an annoying plant to take care of, but it does have many counters. Knight of the Living Dead can completely wall it with his Armored 2 trait, if neither pears have a strength boost. Playing tricks like The Chickening or Weed Spray can also destroy many of these at once, unless they are boosted.
Trash Can Zombie on the turn he is played, zombies protected by Zombie Coach or Zombot Battlecruiser 5000, or zombies affected by Escape through Time are also able to block both attacks from Pair of Pears while being able to destroy one in the process.
However, the best counter to it is Laser Base Alpha, as any zombie in it will be able to destroy them both.
- It, Grizzly Pear, and Pear Cub are the only plants based on pears.
- Although Prickly Pear has the word "pear" in it, it is based on a prickly pear, a cactus.
- Pair of Pears, Shroom for Two, Pair Pearadise and Poppin' Poppies are the only plants that can make a plant with Team-Up.
- However, Poppin' Poppies makes up to three plants with Team-Up, while Shroom for Two and Pair of Pears only make one.
- Pair of Pear's attack is similar to Lil' Buddy's.
- Despite the name "Pair of Pears," their icon and card only show one pear.
- Its name includes rhyming, homophones, euphony, and alliteration.