Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Is the correct term "octopuses" or "octopi"? You'd think he'd have an opinion, but he doesn't.|
Octo Zombie is a premium legendary zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Beastly class. He costs 8 to play, and has 8/8. He has the Amphibious, Frenzy, and Afterlife traits, and does not have any special abilities.
- Class: Beastly
- Tribe: Pet Zombie
- Traits: Amphibious, Frenzy, Afterlife
- Abilities: None
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Legendary
Is the correct term "octopuses" or "octopi"? You'd think he'd have an opinion, but he doesn't.
This is best used against Water Chestnuts or Hibernating Bearies because of his high strength, and along with Zookeepers and Cat Ladies, due to him being part of the pet tribe. Being one of the strongest Beastly zombies, having the ability to be reused after being destroyed, having the Amphibious and Frenzy traits along with solid 8/8 stats, this is one nice card to have in most decks. Pair him with some supportive zombies, such as Loudmouth or Electrician and utilize his amphibious trait against the plant hero. Overall, he is a really great zombie and worth for almost all Beastly decks. You can place this in the water lane to make this a major advantage over Solar Flare, Chompzilla, and Captain Combustible, which lacks Amphibious plants.
It is not recommended to use an instant kill on him too early, or too late. If you are able to get him to be moved, move him to the ground, use a Lawnmower, and if he comes back on the water lane, use strong Amphibious plants, such as Guacodile to deal with him. If playing as Citron or Grass Knuckles, placing a plant in front of him and then using Root Wall or Peel Shield on him will negate his Frenzy ability, saving you from some heavy damage. Additionally, you can Freeze this zombie as it will stop his attack for a turn. Beware if you're playing against Immorticia, as she can use Lurch for Lunch to unfreeze him. If you get the chance, Bounce this zombie as killing him will only return him to the owner's hand because of his Afterlife trait.
- This zombie is even stronger than most Gargantuars, unlike in Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- The fact that he has eight health, eight strength and costs eight brains to play may be a reference that he is called Octo Zombie, as the prefix "Octo" means "eight."
- On the advertisements for the Zombie Premium Pack and the Legendary Pack in the Store, Octo Zombie is seen having only one tooth.
- Neptuna cannot play this zombie card, despite being closely related to octopi.
- Octo Zombie and Haunting Zombie are the only zombies with the Afterlife trait.
- Coincidentally, both are premium Beastly zombies.
- His description is a reference to the grammatical issue of the plural for "octopus."