Octo-Pet is a token zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Hearty and Sneaky classes. It can be made by Octo-Pult, Neptuna's signature superpower. It costs 3 to play (only when it is Bounced or Conjured), and has 3/2. It has the Amphibious trait, and does not have any abilities. Its plant counterpart is Cattail.
Its name is a portmanteau of "octopus," the animal it is based on, and "pet," referring to its tribe and it being owned by Neptuna.
- Classes: Hearty, Sneaky
- Tribe: Pet Zombie
- Trait: Amphibious
- Abilities: None
- Set: Token
It's slimy, beady-eyed, and it leaves ink splotches wherever it goes. Neptuna loves it all the same.
In most cases, Octo-Pet will come from Octo-Pult, a signature superpower (which costs 1 brain by default). Due to it having the Amphibious trait, it should almost always be played on an aquatic lane, which is generally poorly defended in the early-game. It also has high strength and a good amount of health for virtually costing 1 brain. This often means it can hit your opponent a couple times before being destroyed.
However, even though it is a pet zombie, it cannot synergize with other pet zombies as Neptuna does not lead the Beastly class, unless a Brainy or Crazy hero obtains either this or Octo-Pult through other means, and even then, it is impossible to run a real pet deck if you aren't playing as Immorticia or Electric Boogaloo.
Octo-Pet can hit quite hard on the first few turns, so try to get rid of it before you take too much damage from it.
Since it is most likely going to be played on an aquatic lane, you are going to need Amphibious plants to fight it. However, Octo-Pet is capable of destroying a majority of Amphibious plants, including Guacodile, so be careful on which plant you play to deal with it. A good choice is Sea-Shroom, as it can be played to destroy it relatively quickly on the second turn. Alternatively, tricks like Sunburn, Berry Blast, and Squash can destroy it. Sweet Potato, Hot Date, and Whipvine can also move it out of the aquatic lane if you lack Amphibious plants.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Octo-Pet.
- Its description is very similar to Camel Crossing's.
- It is the only Hearty zombie with the Amphibious trait.
- It has the longest "When destroyed" animation out of any fighter in the game.
- Strangely enough, the old textures of Octo-Pet also include the textures for Ducky Tube Zombie, which was unreleased at the time. This was removed in later updates.
- On Octo-Pet's card, its eyes resemble those of most zombies in the game, but in game, its eyes resemble curved arches like real-life octopuses.
- It and Impfinity Clone are the only token cards in the Sneaky class.
- Coincidentally, they both have the Amphibious trait.
- It and Atomic Bombegranate are the only non-legendary cards to display a legendary aura when played.