|It's slimy, beady-eyed, and it leaves ink splotches wherever it goes. Neptuna loves it all the same.|
Octo-Pet is a token zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Hearty and Sneaky classes. It is made by Octo-Pult, Neptuna's signature superpower, but can also be made by Portal Technician, or obtained as a card from Eureka. It costs 3 to play (only when it is Bounced and as a card from Eureka), and has 3/2. It has the Amphibious trait, and does not have any abilities. Its plant counterpart is Cattail.
It is based on an octopus, a cephalopod mollusk of the order Octopoda.
Its name is a portmanteau of "octopus," the animal it is based on and "pet," referring to its tribe and it being owned by Neptuna.
- Classes: Hearty, Sneaky
- Tribe: Pet Zombie
- Trait: Amphibious
- Abilities: None
- Set: Token
It's slimy, beady-eyed, and it leaves ink splotches wherever it goes. Neptuna loves it all the same.
Due to it having the Amphibious trait, it should almost always be played on an aquatic lane, which is generally poorly defended in the early-game. It also has high strength and a good amount of health for virtually costing 1 brain. This often means it can hit your opponent a couple times before being destroyed.
However, even though it is a pet zombie, it cannot synergize with other pet zombies as Neptuna does not lead the Beastly class, unless a Brainy hero obtains both it and either Zookeeper or Cat Lady from Portal Technician, or in Professor Brainstorm's case, Eureka.
If you play this on the first turn in the form of Octo-Pult, this can do 3 guaranteed damage to the plant hero, unless you use it to block a plant.
Octo-Pet can hit quite hard on the first few turns, so try to get rid of it before you take too much damage from it.
Since it is most likely going to be played on an aquatic lane, you are going to need Amphibious plants to fight it. However, Octo-Pet is capable of destroying a majority of Amphibious plants, including Guacodile, so be careful on which plant you use to deal with it. A good choice is Sea-Shroom, as it can be played to destroy it relatively quickly on the second turn. Alternatively, tricks like Sunburn, Berry Blast, Squash can destroy it. Sweet Potato, Hot Date, and Whipvine can also move it out of the aquatic lane.
- It is the only Hearty zombie with the Amphibious trait.
- It is one of the three Sneaky zombies with the Amphibious trait that is not an Imp, along with Zombot Plank Walker and Zombot Sharktronic Sub.
- It is also the only one of these that is not a Zombot.
- It and Disco-Tron 3000 are the only cards to have the legendary shine effect attached to them when they are played, despite them not being legendary cards.
- It has the same tribe and stats as Dolphin Rider, but in different classes.
- On Octo-Pet's card, its eyes resemble those of most zombies in the game, but in game, its eyes resemble curved arches.