Oak Archer (橡木弓手; pinyin: xiàngmù gōngshǒu) is a plant that appears in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2, specifically found in the Dark Ages. It shoots oak arrows at zombies, and each arrow deals 100 damage per shot.
橡木弓手 (Oak Archer)
Sun cost: 275
Oak Archers can shoot powerful arrows at zombies.
Plant feature: brown plant
Plant Food effect
When given Plant Food, Oak Archer rains down many arrows on all zombies on screen.
Oak Archer rains down glowing arrows that deal double the damage of normal arrows.
Later, it can mow zombies with extra arrows in extra lanes, giving it the ability to pierce multiple zombies. Pairing this with Winter Melons or other supportive and defensive plants is recommended as the damage will add up.
Oak Archer is a great plant to bring into levels but practice caution when using it in Kongfu World since Hammer Zombie can reflect it. Be sure to bring an area-of-effect or lobbed-shot plant to back it up.
- Its projectiles use the splash effect caused by peas.
- This could mean its wooden arrows are re-textured peas, similar to how Guacodile's pits are re-textured peas.
- It, Coconut Cannon, Bowling Bulb, and Guacodile are the only plants to have a Brain Buster created exclusively for them, not counting Special Delivery.
- Its own Brain Buster is called Oak Archery.
- It is the only wooden plant to specify what kind of wood it is.
- Its projectiles cannot be returned by Jester Zombie.
- Prior to the 1.3.2 update, Hammer Zombies couldn't return its projectiles.
- Its Almanac entry alludes to the Skyrim meme Arrow in the knee.
- Nunchaku Zombie's Almanac entry also references this meme.
- It, Coffee Bean and Plantern are the only Chinese-exclusive plants in Dark Ages.