- For other uses, see Newspaper Zombie (disambiguation).
Newspaper Zombie (PvZH)
When hurt: This gets +4.
|Newspapers are an undead medium.|
Newspaper Zombie is a basic common zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Crazy class. It costs 2 to play, and has 1/4. Its effect gives it +4 every time it gets hurt, as well as the Gravestone trait.
- Class: Crazy
- Tribe: Professional Zombie
- Effect: Gravestone. When hurt: This gets +4.
- Set - Rarity: Basic - Common
Newspapers are an undead medium.
Consider this as the zombie equivalent of Hibernating Beary. However, while Hibernating Beary is harmless when unprovoked, Newspaper Zombie can still fight in the same situation. Since this has less health than Hibernating Beary, you should not expose it to attacks that severely damage, or destroy this zombie. Instead, using this on weak plants should do the trick. Tricks that boost its health will help it, as it can get more strength. You can intentionally boost this as well by using either Fireworks Zombie or Barrel of Deadbeards, at the cost of 1. Lurch for Lunch or any other bonus attack method works very well on Newspaper Zombie, especially with high strength.
As for plants, use Whack-a-Zombie before it gets any boosts. If it gets too out of control, use Squash, Doom-Shroom, or Lawnmower. Using a plant that has at least 2 and does at least 2 is also a choice, but you'll lose that plant unless it has 4 or more.
- Its ability is a reference to its ability in Plants vs. Zombies and Plants vs. Zombies 2, where it speeds up after its newspaper is destroyed by attacks. As there is no speed in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, it gains strength after taking damage instead.