|Other Superpowers|| Dolphinado|
|She is the first zombie to fight in a tank.|
Neptuna is a zombie hero in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes. She relies on imps and trying to get an early advantage as her playing style. She leads the Hearty and Sneaky zombie groups. Her signature superpower is called Octo-Pult, which summons a 3/2 Octo-Pet with the Amphibious trait.
Her design and name both reference Neptune, the Roman god of the sea. Neptuna's name is a portmanteau of "Neptune," the mythical god that she resembles and "tuna," referring to the fact that she is half fish. Neptuna could also be a reference to Aquaman from DC.
- Classes: Hearty, Sneaky
- Signature Superpower: Octo-Pult - Make a 3/2 Octo-Pet with Amphibious.
- Other Superpowers:
- Boss in missions:
- Battle Area: Beach
She is the very first Zombie to fight in a tank.
Neptuna bamboozles her opponents with a variety of deceptive Gravestone Zombies, while hitting hard in the water lane.
Neptuna relies on her vast array of Gravestone zombies to keep the opponent guessing. With access to both Hearty and Sneaky cards, she can also effectively improve the survivability of any weaker teammates, such as Imps. Several Sneaky cards allow her to move her zombies out of harm's way or Bounce dangerous plants, and Hearty cards include both health buffs and the ability to move plants away from frail zombies. She can effectively hold the board during the plants' turn, as her gravestones are immune to plant tricks (with the exception of Grave Buster) and zombie tricks allows her to utilize the aforementioned movement or buffing cards to ensure that zombies remain to hold the board. Amphibious zombies are also potentially dangerous to plants if the enemy hero lacks removal or Amphibious plants to counter.
When playing as Neptuna, care must be taken to ensure that you can play gravestones whenever necessary. This means balancing how many zombies are on the board, which may be done by allowing older, low-strength or health teammates to die or by using cards such as Firefighter to Bounce useful zombies back into your hand for use later on.
Remember also that Neptuna's primary asset is unpredictability. As such, make an effort not to play Bounced Gravestone zombies shortly after they have returned to your hand.
Neptuna is a difficult opponent to counter, due to the fact that the majority of her zombies can only be eliminated the turn after they are played, due to their Gravestone traits. That being said, she has few ways to heal herself despite being Hearty. Therefore, the most effective way to deal with her is to do direct damage. Strikethrough plants and damage-dealing cards such as Berry Blast are most effective for this style. If the player has cards to take advantage of or create open lanes, then Anti-Hero plants are also a good choice. Naturally, bringing Grave Buster can also throw a wrench in her plans, as Neptuna has many Gravestone zombies in her arsenal.
Alternatively, the player can ignore zombies altogether and allow them all to live, thus disabling her ability to play Gravestone zombies. This is not a guaranteed win, as the zombies have the potential to grow out of hand with buffing cards such as Monster Mash or Team Mascot, if a sports deck is being used.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Neptuna.
- She and Immorticia are the only female zombie heroes in the game.
- The fact that her hair is actually an octopus may allude to Octo Zombie.
- Her tail and trident clips out of the bottom of her fish bowl. This is likely because they are two separate assets.
- When she is using Octo-Pult, it is revealed that Neptuna is completely bald.
- Her idle animation also shows her bald head.
- Her description has a pun; the word "tank" can mean a fish tank or a type of armored war vehicle.
- In the official website, it says she leads the Sneaky and Beastly classes, which are the classes Brain Freeze leads.
- Coincidentally, Neptuna shares her name with a boss in the game Croc: Legend of the Gobbos, who also wields a trident and is a fish.
- Neptuna is the only Zombie Hero in the Sneaky class that does not wear a mask.