- For the Chinese version of this level, see Neon Mixtape Tour - Day 5 (Chinese version).
Neon Mixtape Tour - Day 5 is the fifth level of Neon Mixtape Tour in Plants vs. Zombies 2. It is a Save Our Seeds level. The player needs to protect two Phat Beets and two Wall-nuts on the seventh and sixth columns respectively. Once the punk jam starts, it plays until the level ends. When this level is finished for the first time, the player unlocks the Celery Stalker.
- The endangered plants, especially Phat Beets, are close enough on the lawn to be easily eaten by the zombies if the player does not pay enough attention.
- Due to mechanic that when the health total of zombies is from 40 to 60% left, the next wave will come, it can be hard to stall the zombies at the first wave.
- If the player does not pay close enough attention to the Punk Zombies, they might kick the endangered plants off the lawn, resulting in the loss of the level.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
- Created by Jeydo
Leave room in the first column so it will allow the Punk Zombies to kick the Endangered plants back there. Try not to kill those zombies until you feel your plants are safe enough. Try to kill zombies slowly before the music starts to give you time for Sun build-up and defenses. Also, put a sacrifice plant in front of the endangered Phat Beet until it is ready to be kicked back, as it is weaker than the Wall-nuts. Picking Wall-nut for Wall-nut First Aid is a good option. Use plant food to build sun or you can also re-enforce the Wall-nuts with it if they get weak in case the Punk Zombies die before moving them. Chard Guard is another good pick also. Plan your offense around either row attacking plants, group killing, or a mix that works for you. Have at least one instant kill plant like Cherry Bomb or Lava Guava.
- Created by Uselessguy
- Plant a Wall-nut and an Infi-nut in the fifth and fourth column to stall the zombies. During the time, plant Sun-shrooms.
- In the second wave, plant more defensive plants to protect Phat Beets. Plant one Peashooter as far as possible on the row having endangered Phat Beet.
- When punk jam plays, plant one Phat Beet near the Punk Zombie to kill him. You can also let him mosh the endangered Wall-nuts, but do not let him mosh them more than two tiles.
- Keep planting Phat Beets on the second and fourth row. Use Cherry Bomb or Stallia if needed to prevent your Phat Beets being eaten.
- When the second wave comes and Punk Zombies appear in the second and fourth row, immediately shovel your defensive plants in front of them and all Peashooters to have free tiles for endangered plants. If you think you cannot be fast enough, use Stallia and try not to let Punk Zombies mosh the plants.
- Created by Ducqt00
- This strategy is simple: Plant as many Sunflower and Sun-shroom as you can and use Magnifying Grass to defeat zombies quickly.
- Plant 2 more Phat Beet on the 2nd row and the 4th row to make sure that you don't spent too much sun on low-health zombie.
- Pay attention to the endangered Phat Beets. If things get rough, use Cherry Bomb as a last resort and Stunion to delay them.
- Created by RaidingParty
This strategy can beat the level without Plant Food, premium content, gemium plants, or losing any lawn mowers. It also does not require plants obtained in levels after Day 5 (such as Thyme Warp and Garlic).
At the beginning, plant Sun-shrooms in all tiles of the first and second column except for the second and fourth lanes, and an extra one in the center lane, third column. As this is being done, plant a Tall-nut in front of the endangered Phat Beet that is being approached by the first few zombies, and a Wall-nut DIRECTLY BEHIND the endangered Wall-nut, not in front. Use Stallia on the zombies themselves to delay them. Protect the other endangered plants in the same manner, save for using a Stallia on the Conehead Zombie walking between the Phat Beets to ensure he is killed.
When the first Punk Zombies come and begin kicking the endangered Wall-nuts, the Wall-nuts behind them will allow the pair to "hopscotch" over each other to safety at the back at the lawn. When the endangered Wall-nut lands in the third column, plant a Magnet-shroom immediately in the tile above it to kill the Punk Zombies; if done correctly, this will secure the endangered Wall-nut behind another one several columns away from the action, secure the Sun-shrooms behind them, and leave attacking zombies vulnerable to Phat Beets. Do the same for the other Wall-nut pair, and secure the tile in between the Phat Beets with any -Nut handy.
With the Wall-nuts safe, as soon as possible, plant Snapdragons behind the Phat Beets, a third Snapdragon between them, and Magnet-shrooms behind them. Afterward, plant Spikerocks on all tiles ahead of the Phat Beets' defense. Constantly use Stallias on the zombies to slow down the horde. Use surplus sun to spam the front end of the lawn with more Magnet-shrooms and Spikerock. This will make it extremely difficult for Punk Zombies to kick even the Phat Beets' protection away. If they succeed, there will be spaces available for them, and with two different -Nut plants to use, replacing them is not an issue. If you need to heal the Tall-nuts, dig them up and then replant, rather than use Wall-nut First Aid.
- Created by Comicboss4000
At the beginning, plant Sunflowers on the first column. When the first zombies come, stall them with Iceberg Lettuce. DO NOT put Primal Wall-nuts down just yet, Punk Zombies can kick them back, rendering them almost useless to protect the endangered plants. However, once the first Punk Zombies start coming, kill them with Magnet-shroom.
Once you have enough sun, put a Red Stinger in each row, so every lane has a proper defense. If you are positive their no more Punk Zombies around, put Primal Wall-nut in front of the endangered plants, so you can block the plants from getting eating. If it is a total emergency, you can use Plant Food on Iceberg Lettuce to freeze all the zombies onscreen. If a zombie is about to eat one of the endangered plants, especially Phat Beets, quickly put Plant Food on it to give the Phat Beet immunity and kill all the weak zombies around it.
- Created by VeXJL
- Required plants:
- Punk Zombie's ability to kick back plants is useful, especially for kicking back the endangered Wall-nuts.
- Place Gold Bloom. This is extremely important as zombies come fast during the level.
- Place Sweet Potato in between the Phat Beets.
- Place three Fume-shrooms behind the Sweet Potato. This should kill Punk Zombies before they kick the Sweet Potato. If they managed to do that, replace the Sweet Potato immediately.
- When the Punk jam starts, place Magnifying Grass behind the Wall-nuts in column 2.
- When an endangered Wall-nut is kicked to column 3, kill the Punk Zombie kicking it with Magnifying Grass.
- Start preparing the Magnet-shrooms behind the Phat Beets. They can kill Punk Zombies, but their main goal is to take the buckets from Neon Buckethead Zombies.
- This is the first Save Our Seeds level (aside from a Piñata Party) to have more than one type of endangered plants.
- Losing this level will cause an advertisement to pop up that is titled "Penny's Helpful Hints!". It then goes on to say, "Use defensive plants to protect your Phat Beets". The ad is accompanied by pictures of a Chard Guard and a Stallia as examples.
- Before the 4.1.1 update, the columnar positions of the endangered Wall-nuts and Phat Beets were interchanged. The Wall-nuts were at the sixth column while the Phat Beets were at the seventh column.
- However,after the 6.2.1 update ,the columnar positions of the endangered Wall-nuts and Phat Beets were changed again,all moved backwards,making the level slightly easier.
- *: Removed