- For other usages of beans, see bean.
|Abilities|| Amphibious, Team-Up|
When played: All Amphibious Plants get +1/+1
|Was *this* close to becoming an Army Bean.|
Navy Bean is a premium uncommon plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Smarty class. It costs 4 to play, and has 2/2. It has the Amphibious and Team-Up traits, and its ability gives all Amphibious plants +1/+1 when played.
- Class: Smarty
- Tribe: Bean Plant
- Traits: Amphibious, Team-Up
- Abilities: When played: All Amphibious Plants get +1/+1.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Uncommon
Was *this* close to becoming an Army Bean.
- ▲ Sun cost change: 5 → 4.
- Set - Rarity change: Basic - Common → Premium - Uncommon
- ▼ Strength change: 5 → 3.
- ▲ Effect added: Team-Up.
- ▼ Health change: 5 → 4.
- ▼ Strength change: 3 → 2.
- ▼ Health change: 4 → 2.
- ▲ Effect added: When played: All Amphibious Plants get +1/+1.
While Navy Bean's stats aren't the best, its Amphibious and Team-Up traits make up for it. It can be useful to hit the zombie hero or any Amphibious Zombies, or act like an offensive Wall-Nut. It can also aid Admiral Navy Beans. Citron has access to Amphibious Plants in the Guardian class (the only other class that has plants with this trait aside from Smarty), such as Sea-Shroom, Water Chestnut, Guacodile, and Smackadamia.
Have many Amphibious plants out at once, as Navy Bean will be able to buff them all and possibly wreck havoc. They don't even have to be played in aquatic lanes. The only downside is that many Amphibious Plants don't have amazing stats, but that's a minor one.
Against Navy Bean, using amphibious zombies or tricks like Bungee Plumber will easily defeat this. However, there is still the boosted amphibious plants to deal with. The Chickening can help ease the problem, but it most likely won't completely defeat the boosted plants. Taking them out systematically and orderly is the best option. Additionally, Deadly zombies can easily defeat any of the plants.
- Its description mentions that it was *this* close to becoming an Army Bean. This may be a reference to the Newspaper Zombie's Suburban Almanac or Almanac entry from Plants vs. Zombies and Plants vs. Zombies 2, as it states that Newspaper Zombie was *this* close to finishing his Sudoku or crossword puzzle.
- It is stronger than Admiral Navy Bean, although Admiral Navy Bean's name may make some people think that it is stronger than the regular Navy Bean.
- This, Sunflower, Pea-Nut and Pear Pal are the only plants with the Team-Up trait present in the Multiplayer menu.