Nathaniel Timely, otherwise known as Nathan or just Nate, is a character in the Plants vs. Zombies comic book series. He is an 11-year-old aspiring explorer who battles zombies along with Patrice and Crazy Dave.
In the books, Nate is portrayed as a natural thrill-seeker at heart who loves any sort of adventure, be it an imaginary one in his treehouse or a real one battling the zombie horde. He is very excitable, reacting very strongly to things he likes, but is not too bright, especially compared to Patrice. He is shown to sometimes have abnormal interests that Patrice does not always agree with, such as his obsession with pizza and desire to fight dangerous monsters.
- His favorite plant is the Peashooter.
- His favorite foods are pizza and ice cream.
- He has defeated 117 zombies and run away from 32.
- He likes baseball, pirates, comics, bicycles and lemonade.
- He dislikes rainstorms, clowns, meals without pizza, and Zomboss.
- He wants to be a cowboy astronaut when he grows up, but he also wants a part-time job as a writer.
- He is not very good at dancing.
- He loves dinosaurs.
- He grows up to be a genius scientist who becomes the world's most proficient anti-zombie mechanic. This was shown in Plants vs. Zombies: Timepocalypse when he and Patrice goes to the future.
- He takes dance classes, after getting mortified in a 1970's dance contest.
- He usually refers to Dave as "Crazy Dave", often correcting himself at the last second to call him "Uncle Dave" if Patrice is around, as she doesn't seem to like her uncle's nickname.