|Abilities||When you play a Plant here, make a 1/1 Puff-Shroom with Team-Up in another random lane.|
|Sometimes beautiful things grow out of the darkest places. Ponder that for a few moments.|
Mushroom Grotto is a galactic uncommon plant environment card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Kabloom class. It was introduced in the Galactic Gardens update. It costs 3 to play, and its ability makes a Puff-Shroom in another random lane when a plant is played on it, unless all other non-aquatic lanes are occupied by two plants.
- Class: Kabloom
- Tribe: Mushroom Environment
- Ability: When you play a plant here, make a 1/1 Puff-Shroom with Team-Up in another random lane
- Set - Rarity: Galactic - Uncommon
Sometimes beautiful things grow out of the darkest places. Ponder that for a few moments.
- Added to the game.
- ▼ Cost change: 2 → 3
Try to use plants that can make Team-Up plants like Pair of Pears or Shroom for Two because they can spawn 2 additional Puff-Shrooms in random lanes. That way, most of the spawned Puff-Shrooms can take over most empty lanes, so try to plant more plants on this environment.
This also means that you can use Buff-Shrooms to boost all of the Puff-Shrooms. Since they have Team-Up, you can fill a lot of lanes with them then use Pineclone to maximize your defenses while dealing high damage to most zombies or zombie hero. To make it even better, using Pineclone and then Molekale can make a ton of 5 plants on board.
You want to be careful against Supernova Gargantuar as it can destroy all of your Puff-Shrooms made from the environment very easily.
Another effective strategy is to combine this with Punish-Shroom, because if your Puff-Shrooms are destroyed, its ability will activate. If you opponent destroys this, it will also activate Punish-Shroom's ability.
Since Puff-Shrooms are weak with only 1 strength and 1 health, try to play instant-kill or damaging tricks, like The Chickening and Weed Spray. Zombies like Barrel of Deadbeards and Fireworks Zombie can also get rid of all Puff-Shrooms. However, playing either of those when a Punish-shroom is on the board is not a good idea. Supernova Gargantuar can easily take over all of the Puff-Shrooms made from the environment. You can easily replace this environment with one of yours to prevent the plant hero from making swarms easily.
- Its description references to the fact that mushrooms grow in dark places.
- Because Mushroom Grotto is a Mushroom environment, replacing it with another one will count as destroying a mushroom for Punish-Shroom's effect.
- It is the first Galactic Gardens card to receive a balancing change, in this case, a nerf, the second being Medulla Nebula.
- Coincidentally, both of them used to cost 2, but then their costs were changed to 3.