Mushroom Grotto is a galactic uncommon plant environment card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Kabloom class. It costs 3 to play, and its ability makes a Puff-Shroom on another random lane when a plant is played in it, unless all other non-aquatic lanes are occupied by two plants.
- Class: Kabloom
- Tribe: Mushroom Environment
- Ability: When you play a plant here, make a 1/1 Puff-Shroom with Team-Up in another random lane
- Set - Rarity: Galactic - Uncommon
Sometimes beautiful things grow out of the darkest places. Ponder that for a few moments.
- Added to the game.
- ▼ Cost change: 2 → 3
While Mushroom Grotto makes Puff-Shrooms, which are very weak plants, the true strength of this environment is the sheer number of Puff-Shrooms it makes.
Other examples of plants that synergize well are those whose ability becomes more effective when there are more plants on the field. Such examples are Buff-Shroom and Pineclone, who are able to make the Puff-Shrooms this environment makes more powerful. You can take it one step further and play Molekale, resulting in ton of 5 plants on the field. If you think your opponent will try to wipe the Puff-Shrooms or this environment off, Punish-Shroom will severely penalize your opponent. Since Puff-Shroom has Team-Up, you should have no problem filling the field.
To make more Puff-Shrooms at once, play plants that can make Team-Up plants like Pair of Pears or Shroom for Two because they can made two Puff-Shrooms in random lanes compared to only one. That way, you can fill the field faster.
However, you have to be careful against Supernova Gargantuar as it can destroy all of your Puff-Shrooms made from the environment very easily.
Since Puff-Shrooms are weak with only 1/1, try to play Area of Effect instant-kill or damaging cards, like The Chickening, Weed Spray, Barrel of Deadbeards, or Fireworks Zombie. However, playing any of those when Punish-shroom is on the field is not a good idea. Supernova Gargantuar is much more expensive, but can easily take over all of the Puff-Shrooms made from the environment. You can also replace this environment with one of yours to prevent the plant hero from making swarms easily.
- Its description references the fact that mushrooms grow in dark places.
- Because Mushroom Grotto is a mushroom environment, replacing it with another one will count as destroying a mushroom for Punish-Shroom's effect.
- It is the first Galactic Gardens card to receive a balancing change, in this case, a nerf, the second being Medulla Nebula.
- Coincidentally, both of them used to cost 2, but then their costs were changed to 3.
- It is the only mushroom Environment in the game.