Mush-Boom is Nightcap's premium legendary plant Signature Superpower card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Kabloom and the Smarty superpowers. It costs 1 to use. When played, it creates a Poison Mushroom with 1/1 and the Anti-Hero 2 trait in a designated lane, provided that planting space is available. In addition, any zombie at the chosen lane will also receive 2 damage.
Its name is a portmanteau of "mushroom" and "boom".
- Class: Kabloom, Smarty
- Tribe: Mushroom Superpower Trick
- Abilities: Make a 1/1 Poison Mushroom with Anti-Hero 2. Do 2 damage to a Zombie there.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Legendary
Nightcap and his mushroom friends are not to be truffled with.
- Name change: Toadstool Takedown → Mush-Boom
If you get this trick early on, it is recommended to use it immediately, due to it having a low sun cost. It should destroy any newly placed zombie, as most of the zombie fighters present in earlier turns will be weak. With this, you can deal up to three damage to the zombie hero. However, this can be countered by a trick that has a low brain cost such as Bungee Plumber because of the Poison Mushroom's low health. Just keep in mind that the initial damage of this trick won't damage the zombie hero.
In later turns, try not to choose lanes where the trick's damage of 2 points cannot destroy the zombie present in that lane. The created Poison Mushroom is unstable alone without its Anti-Hero boost, due to its low base stats, allowing itself to be killed with one attack, unless it is boosted from other tricks. You may protect it with plants that have Team-Up, such as Shellery.
- Its description has a pun: "truffle" (a type of mushroom), instead of "trifle" (to act with disrespect towards).
- Despite its old name, it does not appear to be connected to Toadstool from Plants vs. Zombies 2 at all. It may have been changed to avoid confusion with said plant.
- The old name was also an example of alliteration.