Mountain Climber is a premium uncommon zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Brainy class. She costs 4 to play, and has 2/2. She has the Bullseye trait, and her ability gives her +2/+2 when she is played on the heights. Her plant counterpart is Skyshooter.
- Class: Brainy
- Tribe: Sports Zombie
- Trait: Bullseye
- Ability: When played on Heights: This gets +2/+2
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Uncommon
She's climbed 'em all: Everest. K2. Your house.
Mountain Climber is a zombie which behaves similarly like Drum Major that exchanges placement flexibility for the Bullseye trait. While the sacrifice is certainly considerable, Mountain Climber's lack of the dancing tribe makes her a strictly worse choice in Professor Brainstorm's dancing decks, as she does not benefit from the abilities of Aerobics Instructor and Flamenco Zombie unlike Drum Major does.
However, unlike Drum Major, if you do play her on the heights lane, having 4 strength with Bullseye is usually better as she does 20% of the plant hero's health and prevents the plant hero from blocking. Additionally, it moves Mountain Climber out of range from Whack-a-Zombie and Lawnmower, making her very hard to remove. Combined with other dangerous zombies, you can stress the plant hero.
Still, because she is a sports zombie, she retains her usefulness in Rustbolt decks, and is able to be boosted by zombies such as Team Mascot and Zombie Coach like Drum Major can. Due to her trait, you may give her Lurch for Lunch to make her deal extra damage to the plant hero without filling the Block Meter.
Outside of Rustbolt sports decks, she faces severe competition from Moonwalker, due to the latter's cheaper cost and more flexible placement. Unless you are using a Rustbolt sports deck, it is recommended to replace this with Moonwalker if you have obtained it.
Mountain Climber will most likely be played on the heights lane, so prepare a plant to destroy this. Using tricks help with destroying this zombie. Beware of this zombie's Bullseye trait, as she will not fill the plant hero's Super-Block Meter. A quick counter to Mountain Climber is Skyshooter (assuming she was played on the heights lane), though he will also be destroyed in the process, so try and use this with The Podfather so he can live. Also beware of Team Mascot, as he can boost Mountain Climber, and Zombie Coach, as Mountain Climber will then be immune to damage. If those don't work, using instant-kill cards such as Squash and Doom-Shroom also works, but beware that the latter can destroy your stronger defenses.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Mountain Climber.
- The flag she holds resembles that held by Flag Zombie.
- However, Flag Zombie's flag is rectangular, while Mountain Climber's is not.
- She is the first female zombie in the Brainy class, the second being Moonwalker and the third being Parasol Zombie.
- Her description mentions Mount Everest, the world's tallest mountain in Nepal fully above water, and K2, the world's second tallest mountain in Pakistan.
- Her description also mentions "the player's house," referencing to the fact that in the first game, zombies climbed up the roof to invade the player's house.