|Abilities||When played: This gets +1/+1 if you made at least 6 this turn.|
|Just don't talk to her before she's had her Coffee Bean.|
Morning Glory is a premium uncommon plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Solar class. It costs 1 to play, and has 2/2. It has no traits, and its ability gives it +1/+1 when it is played, but only if 6 or more sun has been made on the turn it is played.
It is based on the plant in real life with the same name.
- Class: Solar
- Tribe: Flower Plant
- Traits: None
- Ability: When played: This gets +1/+1 if you made at least 6 this turn.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Uncommon
Just don't talk to her before she's had her Coffee Bean.
Morning Glory has decent stats for a 1-sun cost plant. Additionally, when you have made more than 6 sun, it becomes an amazing 1-sun cost plant. While you can wait for the 6th turn, you can also play Sunflower or Sunburn to quickly make 6 sun. Combined with its decent stats, spamming Morning Glory when you have made 6 sun or more is a cheap and effective way of dealing with zombies that have 3 health or less. However, many plants can outperform it quickly, and is no means an amazing plant in general.
You can also play it at the start of the battle, because its stats are decent for a 1-sun cost plant, getting some early damage off.
Even without activating its ability, Morning Glory can be a hard plant to handle on the first turn, due to it having enough health to stand 1 damage, while destroying all zombies that fight it, or if it has already been played at the start of the game. Or, you can take a hit and play Cat Lady on turn 2, along with another pet card.
Since it is very cheap as well, you may have a hard time if it is spammed, and especially if its ability has activated. Use zombies with 2 strength or more to take it out if its ability has not activated yet, and zombies with 3 strength or more if it has.
- Its description makes a reference to both Coffee Bean and its usage, to wake up sleeping mushrooms.
- Despite this, Morning Glory is not a mushroom.
- It is the first plant based on the morning glory, the second being DJ Morning Glory.
- Morning Glory in particular is the only instance of one outside of a Chinese-exclusive game.
- It is one of the six flowers to use its "arms" to fight zombies. The others are Match Flower Boxer, Sunflower Queen, Royal Hypno-Flower, Briar Rose and Poppin' Poppies.