Modern Day - Day 4 is the fourth level of Modern Day in Plants vs. Zombies 2. Imp variants from the most recent previous seven worlds appear here. Like the previous level, portals do not appear here. When this level is finished for the first time, the player unlocks Nightshade.
This level consist of every Imp except the ones from the first three worlds. Like other worlds, the Imps cause an early ambush at the beginning of the level. The player needs to quickly deal with the early attack. Puff-shroom is a good choice, as it is free and allows the player to maintain sun production. However, there are many Glitter Zombies that protect the numerous amounts of Imps and zombies. The player should not bring fire plants, as the Imp Dragon Zombie appears, which negates all fire attacks. Luckily, the player does not need to worry about any portals spawning.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|1||4||None||Pop plays; Skips immediately to Wave 2|
|2||3 3 3||None||Skips immediately to wave 3|
|3||4 1 1 1||None|
|4||1 3 4 2 4 1 5 5 5 5||None||First flag; 100% Plant Food|
|5||2 2 3 3 2 3||None|
|6||2 4 1 1 2 3 3 4 5 5||None||100% Plant Food|
|7||2 3 4 4 4 4 4||None|
|8||1 2 1 2 4 1 2 4 5 1 1 2 2 4 4 4 5 5 5||None||Second flag|
|9||5 1 3 1 1 3 3||None||100% Plant Food|
|10||1 2 3 4 5 1 2 3 4 5||None|
|11||1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5||None|
|12||1 2 4 5 3 1 4 3 5 2 1 2 3 4 5||None||Final flag|
Notice: This strategy uses fire plants, respectively Snapdragon (can be replaced with Cold Snapdragon) and Lava Guava
- Recommended plants: or
- Fill in the two closest columns to the house with Sun-shrooms. When the Imps come, start placing down Stallias, Ghost Peppers, Lava Guavas, Primal Wall-nuts or Spikeweeds.
- Once you're done putting down Sun-shrooms, start building your Snapdragon offense in front of the Sun-shrooms. One column of Snapdragons is the minimum amount needed to survive, so try to add another column of Snapdragons to increase chances of winning.
- Put at least three columns of Spikeweeds after you have finished setting up your Snapdragon offense.
- Use Ghost Pepper or Lava Guava if things get rough (if there are Imp Dragons in the row, use Ghost Pepper. If there are tough zombies like the Glitter or Buckethead, use Lava Guava).
- Created by OdinTeehPru
This strategy can be used without using premium/gemium plants and without using power ups.
First, start placing Moonflowers in 2x2 squares in column 1 and 2 to get sun. At the same time plant Puff-shrooms in lanes 1 3 and 4 on columns 5 and 6. You should be able to defend yourself, use cherry bomb if needed. Continue placing Moonflowers during this time until column 1 and 2 are filled. When the first flag comes, put a Winter Melon in lane 4 column 3, that can take out most of the imps on lane 5. Continue doing this, and if the zombies gets close to Melons/Moonflowers, ALWAYS have a Spring Bean ready with Plant Food. After you have fed it with Plant Food, use Blover immediately. If you do not have Plant Food, just use a Cherry Bomb. When the Bug Bot Imps come, use E.M.Peach to stun them or they can make you lose. Continue placing Winter Melons, first in lane 2, then 3, and then 5 or 1, you decide. For the final wave, if you have a Plant Food, just use it on Spring Bean when all zombies have entered to instantly win. (USE BLOVER) otherwise, Cherry Bomb the Gargantuar, remove Moonflowers behind Winter Melons on lane 3, plant Puff-shrooms (or Winter Melons) to kill the Imp. Then just wait until Gargantuar dies.
- Outside of Piñata Party, this is the first level where the basic variant of Gargantuar can be encountered.
- Imp Mummy, Imp Pirate Zombie, Zombie Bull Rider, and Announcer Imp are the only Imp variants to not appear in this level.
- There is a modified version of this level in the Electrical Boogaloo epic quest.