Modern Day - Day 12 is the twelfth level of Modern Day in Plants vs. Zombies 2. This level includes dinosaurs. The objective of this level is to not lose more than ten plants. Therefore, instant use plants would not be recommended. When this level is finished for the first time, the player receives a Mystery Gift Box.
The objective is not to lose ten plants, which seems like a lot of plants to lose. However, the player should not take the objective for granted. The combination of Excavator Zombie and Parasol Zombie force the player to use a lobbed shot plant and a projectile-based plant, or an area of effect plant to defeat both. In addition, both zombies come in relatively fast and their speeds themselves are also fast. The player should worry about the dinosaurs that appear too. These can easily bring the aforementioned zombie up close and cause the player to lose. Not to mention there are Chicken Wrangler Zombies in the first flag which can easily tear their way through defenses. Bringing Lightning Reed can easily counter this. Perfume-shroom is disabled in this level, only making it harder. Do not bring fire attacking plants, as the Imp Dragon Zombie will negate its damage, making plants like Snapdragon useless. Guacodile is a good choice here as it is does not count as losing a plant if it rushes off screen, and can kill an Excavator in one hit if it is directly planted on them, although they should be carefully used with the Chicken Wrangler Zombies and two Guacodiles are needed to kill a full health Parasol Zombie. Because of the zombies appearing in the level, your best bet for offensive plants is the Fume-shroom, though a stalling and defensive plant is also needed.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Dinosaurs||Note(s)|
|1||None||None||Skips to wave 2 immediately|
|3||1 2 2||None||None||500%/7 Plant Food|
|4||3 3 3||None||3|
|5||3 4 1 2 5 5 5||None||5||First flag|
|6||2 3 4||None||None||Skips to wave 7 immediately; 100% Plant Food|
|7||4 4 5 4 5||None||None|
|8||2 2 2 2 2||None||2||300%/7 Plant Food|
|9||3 4 5 3 4 5||None||None||400%/7 Plant Food|
|10||3 3 4 4 5 5 2 1 2 1||None||None||Final flag|
- Created by Redhonker
- Suggested plants:
- Plant Primal Sunflowers in the second and third column. However, leave the third lane open where the Raptor will appear.
- Plant Gold Bloom immediately to get some sun. Use that to plant A.K.E.E. to kill the first Excavator Zombie.
- Plant A.K.E.E.s in the first column to attack Excavator Zombie.
- Plant Primal Wall-nuts to stall the zombies and plant Celery Stalkers a tile on the right to kill them.