Modern Day - Day 10 is the tenth level of Modern Day in Plants vs. Zombies 2. This level features mainly Frostbite Caves and Far Future zombies. Power Tiles of two different types are present on the lawn. It is also the last level of Modern Day Part 1 to have portals in it. When this level is finished for the first time, the player unlocks the Shadow-shroom.
There is a combination of most of the strongest Gargantuars in this level: Gargantuar Primes which can shoot lasers, Jurassic Gargantuars with high health and Sloth Gargantuars that throws three Imps are in this level. Zombies like Jurassic Imp, Weasel Hoarder, and a lot of zombies appear at the start making the level really challenging. Troglobite, Robo-Cone Zombie and Mecha-Football Zombie are also a really big threat. The player needs to prepare a powerful set of plants to win, as well as a good early strategy. Power Tiles appear in this level, but their position renders them completely useless, most of them appear where the zombies spawn.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|1||None||Skips to wave 2 immediately|
|2||None||Skips to wave 3 immediately|
|3||2 4||None||100% Plant Food|
|4||3 2 4 3||None||First flag|
|7||-4 2||None||100% Plant Food; spawns at 9th column, 2nd row|
|8||3 1 5 -3 2 4 1 2 3 4 5||None||Second flag|
|9||1 5 2 3 4||None||spawns at 6th column, 3rd row|
|10||4||None||100% Plant Food|
|12||4 2 2 5 3 1 2||None||Final flag|
- Created by Redhonker
- Required plants:
- Give up a couple of lanes and let lawn mowers do their work.
- Stall other zombies with Primal Wall-nut.
- Plant Homing Thistle in first column. This is important for later part of the level.
- Use Primal Potato Mine and Lava Guava to kill some zombies as late as possible.
- The key: delaying the trigger and build up your defense.
- Plant Primal Potato Mine and Lava Guava at the portal.
- Plant Winter Melon in lanes with Gargantuar.
- In lanes without Gargantuar, plant Primal Wall-nut more on the left if you have not yet planted Winter Melon in that lane. This allows Homing Thistle to target zombies in that lane.
Strategy 2 (No lawn-mowers)
All primal stuff (except primal sunflower and peashooter)
Cherry bomb (don't eat it)
Now, strong Gargantuars are present but you have got good plants on your side. Moonflowers on column 2 and then anywhere. Plant Nightshade on any available spot that is powered. Defence for every zombie. Stallia for the first few and for Gargantuars too. Cherry Bomb for emergencies. If you go to the hospital because you ate Cherry Bomb, tell me.