|Variant of||Kernel Corn|
|Abilities|| Butter Barrage |
Bigger Better Butter
Mob Cob is a Super Rare variant of Kernel Corn in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. He is shown to have a 1930's gangster theme and have wooden guns as his weapon. His description in the character selection screen states that his shots penetrate zombies, and he does slightly more damage in exchange for a slight decrease in rate of fire. His weapon has 45 ammo. He had been seen in certain parts of developer diaries, especially in the Backyard Battleground. A better glimpse of him was seen in the Multiplayer Beta trailer, and he was also a playable character in the actual beta of the game. He was the only Kernel Corn variant playable in the beta.
Folks, meet the crusher himself, Mr. Mob Cob. Always the snappiest of dressers, Mr. Cob is a simple businessman who's looking to stop the Zombie force from encroaching on his hard-earned territory.
Shots from his extremely damaging Cob Crusher pierce through multiple Zombie targets!
Mob Cob's primary weapon is the Cob Crusher. It has a slightly slower rate of fire than the standard Cob Busters, and will shoot through zombies if two are standing in the line of fire.
Kernel Corn tosses a Hot Potato. A massive amount of butter is deployed from the sky in an "x" shape wherever it lands.
Kernel Corn leaps into the air in a forward distance while firing his Cob Busters directly below him which damages any target below him.
Similar to ZPG, Kernel Corn fires 2 big cobs straight in front of him. It does massive damage and is capable of instantly vanquishing anything it hits (except for Z-Mechs), if the cobs manage to score a direct hit.
Bigger, Better Butter
Revealed in a live stream, it is the alternative ability to the Butter Barrage. Kernel Corn tosses a Hot Potato, but one giant piece of butter falls from the sky where it landed, which then makes a large explosion.
- He is one of two characters who can shoot through multiple enemies at once, with the second being Captain Flameface.
- The leaf below his face is designed to resemble a tie.
- While his theme is based on a gangster, his appearance is somewhat similar to the notorious alcohol smuggler, Al Capone.
- Most of his AI names reference real-life gangsters from the 20th century: Jimmy the Husk references Jimmy the Gent, while Crusher Cobs may reference Pistol Pete.
- Alternatively, Crusher Cobs may refer to his weapon, the Corn Crusher.
- In the Trouble in Zombopolis: Part One DLC, he received the following buffs increased damage by 0.5, reduced reticle bloom, and increased accuracy slightly.
- In the Trouble in Zombopolis Part One DLC, his ammo was increased from 35 to 45 with increased damage falloff start/end distance.