Missile Madness is Z-Mech's premium legendary zombie signature superpower trick card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Hearty and Crazy classes. It costs 1 to play, and its ability does 3 damage to a selected plant and 1 damage to all other plants on the field.
- Classes: Hearty, Crazy
- Tribes: Science Superpower Trick
- Ability: Do 3 damage to a Plant and 1 damage to all other Plants.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Legendary
For Z-Mech, any target is a good target.
- Ability change: Attack for 2 damage in three random lanes. → Do 3 damage to a Plant and 1 damage to all other Plants.
This superpower costs as much and does as much damage as Electrobolt, which is also one of Z-Mech's superpowers. However, unlike Electrobolt, Missile Madness can also do damage to other plants, so if you don't have to damage other plants, Electrobolt is a more effective option.
It should be noted that it works with Binary Stars as well, doubling the damage output of the main shot. However, it does not double the "splash damage" due to a glitch.
Since this is a science card, it can be played to activate Interdimensional Zombie's ability. But ironically, Z-Mech himself cannot use this combo as Interdimensional Zombie is in the Brainy class. Only Brainy heroes can use this combo via Thinking Cap (or Quasar Wizard too in Professor Brainstorm's case) to Conjure Missile Madness.
Since this trick does damage to all plants, it works well with Zombot Sharktronic Sub as it can destroy most plants on the field and boost itself a lot. But again, Z-Mech cannot use Zombot Sharktronic Sub normally as it is in the Sneaky class. To use this combo, Impfinity must obtain Missile Madness from Quasar Wizard while Super Brainz and Huge-Gigantacus should play Thinking Cap to obtain Missile Madness.
Just like Electrobolt, having many threats on the field or boosting the plants' health to at least 4 reduces the impact of this trick. Generally, just be careful of swarming lots of plants that have 1 health as Z-Mech may have this superpower ready.
You can also make Z-Mech think twice before using this trick by having Mirror-Nut or Hibernating Beary on the field. However, be on the lookout for Rolling Stone and Weed Spray if you are going to use this strategy.
- After the RED update, Missile Madness's sound effect when it is played sometimes uses that of Shrink Ray or Eureka's.
- Although Z-Mech is an Imp, Missile Madness is not classified as an Imp trick.
- Missile Madness is the only signature superpower whose icon does not depict its corresponding hero's face.