Minecarts (misspelled in the game as mine carts) placed on rails are environment modifiers that mainly appear in Wild West in Plants vs. Zombies 2. Other than Wild West itself, they also appear in the Western Vasebreaker levels in Plants vs. Zombies 2 and in some levels of Modern Day. Plants on minecarts can be moved to other lanes within the track, but they cannot move horizontally. They are also used in Kongfu World - Days 29 and 30. In this world, the minecarts of multiple rails are joined, adding to the level of difficulty. This also makes their mobility decrease dramatically. Minecarts and rails also appear in All by Oneself in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2 and in last row of the lawn for plants in Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars.
Plants vs. Zombies 2
- Minecarts and jams are the only environment modifiers that do not have a plant linked to their special abilities.
- Banana Launcher, Bamboo Shoot, Lava Guava, Jack O' Lantern, Escape Root and Missile Toe cannot be planted on minecarts because tapping on them can be both either control them or moving the minecart.
- In Banana Launcher's case, it says "Bananas are too slippery for minecarts," and in Lava Guava's case, it says "Lava would melt the cart." In Jack O' Lantern's case, it says "You can't plant Jack O' Lanterns on rail carts." In Missile Toe's case, it says "Missile Toe is too icy for minecarts."
- Minecarts and rails started to be available in Player's House in Piñata Parties, which was on November 28, 2014.
- There is a glitch in Kongfu World - Day 30 where the Knife-Wielding Swordsman can push plants onto rails.
- In Kongfu World, multiple minecarts are connected and moved as one.