Metal Petal is a Rare variant of Sunflower in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare and Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. She is the armored variant of the Sunflower, similar to other armored plants like the Armor Chomper, Jade Cactus, Petrified Cactus, Rock Pea and Iron Citron.
Metal Petal is an armored Sunflower. While the metal weighs her down-making her slower than other Sunflowers-she has the added benefit of higher health.
Metal Petal has more health than other Sunflowers, but runs slightly slower.
Metal Petal has an additional 50 health more than the Sunflower, which gives it a total health of 150. Because this Sunflower is made out of metal, she is also slower than the other Sunflowers.
Metal Petal's attack is called the Metal Blast. It deals less damage than the Sunflower's Sun Pluse.
Metal Blast is the primary weapon of Metal Petal; all facts below apply to a fully upgraded weapon.
- The base close range damage per hit is 7 and the critical is 9.
- The max DPS at close range is 52.9.
- The base middle range damage per hit is 6 and the critical is 8.
- The max DPS at middle range is 47.1.
- The base long range damage per hit is 5 and the critical is 6.
- The max DPS at long range is 35.3.
- The weapon deals no splash damage.
- The ammo in a clip is 60.
- The reload time is 1.9 seconds.
- The projectile speed is medium.
- The weapon is full auto.
- The bloom is low.
Heal Beam allows the Sunflower to heal nearby plants.
Sunbeam plants the Sunflower down and shoots a powerful sunbeam that deals seven impact damage and eight critical damage.
With Heal Flower, the Sunflower deploys a Heal Flower that can heal all plants near it.
Rainbow Heal Beam
An alternate ability of Heal Beam, Rainbow Heal Beam does not do anything different from its normal ability; it is merely a cosmetic difference.
Solar Flare Beam
An alternate ability of Sunbeam, Solar Flare Beam is more powerful than Sunbeam and deals 10 impact damage and 12 critical damage. It has less ammo than Sunbeam and takes a bit longer to start shooting the beam.
Artificial Reload Upgrade
A slightly more artificial reload results in a reload speed increase.
More Metal Shard Ammo
Metal shard surplus results in increased ammo capacity.
Sharper Metal Flakes
Sharper metal flakes cause more damage.
The extra health of the Metal Petal allows her to endure damage better making her useful when healing plants near or at the front lines where Sunflowers can be vanquished relatively easily due to the fact that they only have 100 HP. The Metal Petal's 150 HP grants her the ability to serve as a good frontline medic that is much less vulnerable to damage than the other variants and is more resistant to ambushes or "assassinations" made by warping Scientists or mobile Foot Soldiers.
In the Gnome Bomb game mode, the Metal Petal excels in holding or defusing objectives, as it is coupled with tanking and self-healing ability.
Unlocking (Garden Warfare only)
In order to unlock this variant, the player must reach rank 10 with the Sunflower class. They need to do this by completing challenges with the Sunflower and any of its variants. The player earns a character piece for each rank they level up, starting at level 6 all the way to level 10.
- Metal Petal is the only Sunflower variant with increased health.
- Metal Petal and Sun Pharaoh are the only variants of Sunflower that do not have the word "flower" in their name.
- Metal Petal has the fifth highest health out of all the plants, possessing more health than most Peashooters and Cacti (100-125 HP), being tied with the unupgraded Chomper, Rock Pea, Jade Cactus, and Petrified Cactus (all have 150 HP) and having less health then the upgraded Chomper (175 HP), the Armor Chomper (200 to 225 HP) and Iron Citron (250 HP)
- Her leaves have been redesigned in Garden Warfare 2 in order to match the rest of her appearance.
- Her eyes are also now blue instead of brown.