- For other uses, see Melon-pult (disambiguation).
|Traits||Splash Damage 3|
|People who live in grass houses shouldn't throw stones. But melons, why not?|
Melon-Pult is a galactic rare plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Smarty class. It costs 5 to play, and has 3/4. It has the Splash Damage 3 trait, and does not have any abilities.
Its description references the proverb "people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."
- Class: Smarty
- Tribe: Fruit Plant
- Trait: Splash Damage 3
- Abilities: None
- Set - Rarity: Galactic - Rare
People who live in grass houses shouldn't throw stones. But melons, why not?
- Added to the game.
Think of this as a Snapdragon with a greater cost and health, but also the lack of the flower tribe. This means Melon-Pult cannot synergize with Briar Rose or Power Flower, but it is likely able to attack more than once without getting destroyed in the process. Its base strength of 3 also prevents it from being destroyed by Weed Spray, Rocket Science, and Rolling Stone as well.
It is best played between three zombies with 3 health or less, so it can destroy all three of them. It is recommended to Freeze attacking zombies to keep it around longer.
Also, as with any other Splash Damage plant, this works great in Venus Flytraplanet, because it can heal your hero up to 3 times.
It is not recommended to increase this plant's strength, as it does not affect its Splash Damage, and makes it susceptible to Rocket Science.
It is recommended to destroy this before it can attack. Deadly zombies work best due to Melon-Pult's immunity to Rolling Stone and Rocket Science. You can also use instant-kill tricks like Locust Swarm or Slammin' Smackdown to get rid of it as well. Cakesplosion and Final Mission can also easily take it out if its health is not boosted, although Final Mission requires you to destroy a zombie.
An important thing to note is that lowering Melon-pult's strength will not change its Splash Damage value unless its strength is lowered to zero.
- It, Cabbage-Pult, Winter Melon, Blooming Heart, and Sap-Fling are the only lobbed-shot plants to return as cards in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes.
- Out of these, it is the only card to be added in the Galactic Gardens update.
- Coincidentally, they all return from previous installments.
- On its card image, the melon making up its body is a bit less wide than that of Winter Melon's, despite them both being about the same width in-game.