The Mechanic Zombie keeps all of the Zomboss gear in fire working order, or at least he thinks banging things together is fixing them.
His fully automatic Air Impactor deals direct damage, making him a great choice for more accurate players!
Mechanic's primary weapon is the Air Gun (Air Impactor in Garden Warfare 2). The facts below apply to a fully upgraded weapon.
- The base close range damage per hit is 7 and the critical is 9.
- The max DPS at close range is 85.1.
- The base middle range damage per hit is 6 and the critical is 7.
- The max DPS at middle range is 66.2.
- The base long range damage per hit is 5 and the critical is 6.
- The max DPS at long range is 56.8.
- The weapon deals no splash damage.
- The ammo in a clip is 35.
- The reload time is 2.4 seconds.
- The projectile speed is fast.
- The weapon is full auto.
- The bloom is medium.
Proximity Sonic Mine
An alternate ability of the Sonic Grenade, the Proximity Sonic Mine is a landmine which can stun plants for about five seconds when they come close to it. It makes Chompers come out of their Burrow ability if they are using it. This can be very useful for defending a teleporter or trying to escape from plants.
The Jackhammer allows for quicker movement but at the cost at not being able to use your other abilities, though you can still fire your primary weapon, and if you bump into a plant, the plant will suffer knockback and light damage.
An alternate ability of the Jackhammer, the Turbo Jackhammer functions the same as the Jackhammer except that it travels faster, but lasts for a shorter amount of time.
Zombot Drone - GW1 Only
Rocket Drone - GW1 Only
Big Bolt Blaster - GW2 Only
Bedazzled Bolt Blaster - GW2 Only
Weapon upgrades - GW1
Better Air Compression
Better air compression releases tension in the reload thingy... Whatever, it's just faster.
More Nuts & Bolts
Added some extra Nuts & Bolts from around town to increase ammo capacity.
Harder Nuts & Bolts
Nuts & Bolts are harder causing more damage. How they got harder we don't exactly know.
The Mechanic's Air Gun is fully automatic, making it ideal for players who either struggle to lead their shots or are otherwise more comfortable with automatic weapons. The Air Gun has two advantages over the Concrete Launcher, it has a longer range and its shots travel straight forward, allowing you to attack enemies from longer distances without the need to angle your shots, second, it allows you to protect the teleporter from its main threat, drone strikes, by shooting down the drones before they can attack without giving them much chance at dodging your shots, allowing you to deny the plant team from cutting off your team's logistical advantage without actively assaulting the teleporter. However, bear in mind that the Mechanic has a downside: recoil. His shots have recoil that almost matches an Imps, so remember to aim accordingly and take into account recoil.
- Increased rate of fire
- ▲ Start/end damage was increased from 7/5 – 8/6.25.
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
- His name is Al, as shown by his name tag.
- He is the only Engineer variant in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare that does not deal splash damage. Instead, his primary weapon is automatic.
- He wears a racing toolbox as a hat, a real mechanic's shirt and the weapon has a racing flag. It is the reason why this variant of Engineer is racing-themed.
- His rate of fire was slightly increased in the Legends of the Lawn DLC to compensate for its lack of splash damage.
- He can also build things faster than the other Engineer varients (Teleporter, Turrets, etc.). This can be useful if your team needs a teleporter ASAP.
- He can also plant bombs faster in Main Street, use this to your advantage if the plant team is strategically prepared.