Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- For other uses, see Football Zombie (disambiguation).
|Special||Pushes plants left instead of eating|
|Absorbs||100 normal damage shots|
|Sun cost||500 (Zomboss Test Lab only)|
|First seen||Far Future - Day 13|
|Now past his prime, Mecha-Football Zombie is ready to be put back into the game. Until he gets some brains, concussions aren't a concern.|
The Mecha-Football Zombie is a bipedal walker with an extremely high amount of health, enough to withstand an instant kill plant. He is piloted by a Future Zombie. The zombie inside uses a steering wheel to control him and pushes a button to push plants away.
The walker is designed to resemble a football helmet as a reference to the Football Zombie from the first game. It has a design of a bone in a cross-like pattern on the top and below the design is a glass window from where the driver can look at the outside. On its side there is a skull insignia with a blue eye and a green eye.
On the front he has a facemask with three spikes and grass sticking out of it that's used to push plants to the side.
Pushes plants across the lawn.
Special: pushes plants left instead of eating
Now past his prime, Mecha-Football Zombie is ready to be put back into the game. Until he gets some brains, concussions aren't a concern.
Troop Capacity: 14
Training Cost: 900
Training Time: 48 minutes 20 hours
Mecha-Football Zombie's brain is getting more and more into sports to the point that he already thought that the plants were footballs waiting to be kicked into the goalpost.
Plague Pharmacy effect: Throws 3 footballs, hitting 3 random plants.
The Mecha-Football Zombie absorbs 100 normal damage shots. His appearance changes upon absorbing 16, 30, 43, 56, 73, and 87 shots before dying at 100 normal damage shots.
Because he pushes plants across or out of the lawn, you should try to stun him with the E.M.Peach or Iceberg Lettuce or destroy him with Citron's plant food or an instant-kill before he reaches your plants. Because of this, most defensive plants are useless against him, and Pea-nuts can only attack him, so be sure to put plants near the back of the lawn unless there are Gargantuar Primes on the lawn. This also leaves him invulnerable to Sun Beans, Chili Beans, Hypno-shrooms, and Garlics. If you are going to use the Bonk Choy, do not put any plants in front of him (a Wall-nut, for example). When the Mecha-Football Zombie pushes the Wall-nut, he will never get close enough to the Bonk Choy, thus rendering it useless.
Chard Guards, on the other hand, are excellent in dealing with him. They are able to shove him back before he pushes them (and any other plants behind them), making them a sturdy defensive strategy when dealing with him. Spring Bean is useful too if you need to use less sun or have yet to unlock Chard Guard. Use Spikeweed or Spikerock (which he cannot push) in conjunction with Chard Guard and other slowing plants to damage the Mecha-Football Zombie and keep him at bay until he breaks down.
These and Gargantuar Primes are considered to be dangerous in Terror from Tomorrow because they can instantly destroy most of your plants. You will need Cherry Bombs, Jalapenos, Ghost Pepper, Grapeshots, E.M.Peaches (possibly along with its Imitater version), Winter Melons, and Melon-pults.
Primal Potato Mines can easily take down groups of Mecha-Football Zombies, this being possible because Primal Potato Mines do 120 damage while the zombie can absorb only 100 damage.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Mecha-Football Zombie.
- Mecha-Football Zombies will push plants over tombstones, similarly to how Fisherman Zombie pulls plants over surfboards and how Punk Zombie pushes plants over other plants. The plant will fly over the tombstones and land in the next available space.
- Currently, this is only evident in Piñata Party, because tombstones cannot appear in Far Future.
- He can push the Infi-nut's force field, destroying it instantly and pushing the Infi-nut to the left if he is on a row where Infi-nut is. Otherwise, he will just push the force field.
- His Almanac Entry suggests that he used to play football, as it says "Now past his prime, Mecha-Football Zombie is ready to be put back into the game."
- Disco-tron 3000 and Mecha-Football Zombie are the only machines that absorb 100 normal damage shots before dying.
- He will walk over an unarmed Potato Mine and Primal Potato Mine without pushing it.
- Despite the fact that a Football Zombie had more health than a Conehead Zombie in Plants vs. Zombies, Robo-Cone Zombie has more health than the Mecha-Football Zombie.
- This might be because Mecha-Football Zombie's main purpose is to push plants to the side, being a threat to the players defenses, while Robo-Cone Zombie's main purpose is to absorb a lot of damage, protecting other zombies behind him.
- He cannot push a plant that is using his Plant Food ability.
- However, this is not the case in the Chinese version.
- Mecha-Football Zombie pushes plants to the left, while Fisherman Zombie, Qigong Zombie, and QiGong Bronze pull plants to the right. Excavator Zombie uses his shovel to pull plants to the right, but unlike Mecha-Football Zombie, when the plant reaches the furthest three columns from the player's house, the plant will not be flicked off the screen. It will just stay there and 'wait' to be eaten.
- Mecha-Football Zombie, Punk Zombie and Blade-Wielding Hero are the only zombies that can push plants. In the case of Blade-Wielding Hero, he will push plants, flinging off two plants with his sword strike ability.
- He can push White Radish in the Chinese version.
- He pushes any endangered plant along with his "danger tile". If he pushes an endangered plant off the lawn, the screen will still show "The zombies ate your plant!", despite the fact that Mecha-Football Zombie does not eat the endangered plant, but rather flings it off the lawn.
- If the player looks closely, patches of dirt and grass can be seen between the Mecha-Football Zombie's spike plates, much like how Football Zombie had patches of dirt stuck in the mouth guard of his helmet in most promotional material for Plants vs. Zombies.
- It is currently unknown if he can push the sheep transformed by Wizard Zombie since he and Wizard Zombie have not been in the same Piñata Party yet.
- If he pushes a plant with a Guacodile behind him, he will activate the Guacodile, similar to how Fisherman Zombie will activate the Guacodile if he tries to pull the plant.
- Blover and Hurrikale can be used to stall him, as it cannot be pushed (or pulled, for that matter). Simply plant it behind the plant the Mecha-Football Zombie is trying to push, and until the Blover vanishes, he cannot push any plants on its row.
- He shares the same feet as Harvester Zombie.
- Mecha-Football Zombie, Gargantuar Prime, Zombie King, Surfer Zombie, Fisherman Zombie, Troglobite, Imp Porter, Arcade Zombie, and Hair Metal Gargantuar are the only zombies that are able to kill Ghost Pepper.
- In the Chinese version, his Almanac entry does not translate the word "Special" into Chinese.
- Since version 1.7.5 in the Chinese version, he got a new attack in PvP Mode. When using Plague Pharmacy, he pulls out a mecha football glove and throws three football balls on three random plants.