Mech Gargantuar is a new boss zombie in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. It is a robotic version of the Gargantuar, and has very similar characteristics to both it and the Giga Gargantuar. Piloted by an Imp, the Mech Gargantuar is heavily armored, and takes highly reduced damage from most attacks, making it harder to vanquish.
- ▲ All Gargantuar melee's have increased in effectiveness.
Garden Ops: As a boss.
Infinity Time: During Nemesis Waves and Boss waves.
- Robo-Smash: Slams his dual telephone poles on the ground, doing electrical damage.
- Robo Charge Smash: Similar to Gargantuar's Charge Slam, The Mech zooms towards the Player with its rocket feet, and does an extremely damaging smash.
- Pulse Shots: fires a burst of 3 electric shots at the player.
- Bomb Shot: Fires a bomb at the Player that takes 4 seconds to explode, but does more damage.
Super Robot Wave
When the boss slots land on 3 Mech Gargantuar icons, a Super Robot Wave will occur. Robo-Zombies replace all zombies in the wave.
The Mech Gargantuar has similarities to both the Gargantuar and Giga-Gargantuar. Similar to the Gargantuar, he can quickly rush towards you and slam the ground, and like the Giga-Gargantuar, his ranged attacks and slam have electrical properties. Try to attack when the Mech is about to launch a bomb; Although it does more damage, it takes a long time to explode, and the Mech remains idle while doing this. Use similar tactics as you would the Gargantuar, however keep in mind that the Mech is completely armored, and takes very little damage when shot at. Always aim for the head: It's not only unarmored, attacks also do critical damage.
- Its abilities and appearance are based on the Gargantuar Prime from Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- However, unlike in Plants vs. Zombies 2, it does not shoot lasers from its eyes, nor can it be completely stunned by the EMPeach like in said game.
- When the Mech Gargantuar takes damage, a voice can be heard from the Imp piloting it.
- The sounds the playable Imp class makes when hurt is audible alongside new audio cues
- This is the third Zombie boss to not have a ragdoll mode when vanquished, the others being the Yeti Zombie and the Treasure Yeti.
- Coincidentally, all three of these bosses are actually robots (not including the Imp inside).
- This is because all three of these bosses explode into robot parts when destroyed.
- Sometimes, when he is vanquished, there will not be an explosion, and pieces of him will not appear. This is a glitch that sometimes occurs with the Yeti Zombie boss as well.
- The Imp inside of the Mech Gargantuar appears to be smaller than the Imp class, for unknown reasons.
- Despite being robotic, this zombie is not stunned for longer than usual by the Citron's EMPeach.
- Although this cannot be Goatified with Rose's Goatify, other robot or part-robot zombies, such as the Future Imp and Robo-Zombie, can.
- However, this may be because this zombie is a boss, and zombie bosses cannot be Goatified.
- Although the Gargantuar Prime in PvZ2, the zombie that this is based on, launches Bug Bot Imps (which is what the Future Imp is based on) from his back, the Mech Gargantuar instead fires a bomb from his back in Garden Warfare 2.
- It is unknown why this is, as the regular Gargantuar in the Garden Warfare franchise fires an Exploding Imp from him back, and the Future Imp even has a self-destruct attack normally.