(translation: Match Flower Boxer)
|Special||Lights itself alight after attacking for awhile, can also be lit on fire by other plants, can light peas on fire after being lit on fire|
|Unlocked|| Summer event|
10 Puzzle Pieces
Torchwood always tries to tell everyone Match Flower is his descendant, but not only can Match Flower light peas, he's also a warrior that has a "let the fists do the talking" attitude, being obviously much stronger than Torchwood, who can only make a scary face to scare enemies.
Match Flower Boxer (火柴花拳手; pinyin: huǒchái huā quánshǒu) is a plant in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2 introduced in the 1.8.2 update. He attacks zombies by punching them one tile in front of him. After dealing a certain amount of damage (c.a. four attack cycles), he will set his petals on fire and start to do more damage. He can also be set on fire by other plants. When he is on fire, he can light up peas that pass through him, just like Torchwood. However, the fire is only available for a while.
To get this plant, the player must spend fire crystals to spin the slot for Puzzle Pieces or spin the slot in an amount of times.
One of Match Flower Boxer's Puzzle Pieces can be traded in, along with ten red rocks, in order to obtain one of Flame Flower Queen's Puzzle Pieces.
Match Flower Boxer's designs is based on the banksia cuneata, also known as the Matchstick Banksia or Quairading Banksia. His name is a mix of "match box," a box used to hold matches, "flower box," a potting device to hold flowers, and "boxer," an athlete from the sport of boxing.
His costume, a pair of red boxing gloves, is a reference to how he attacks zombies, and another reference to the boxing motif with the plant.
Match Flower Boxer
火柴花拳手 (Match Flower Boxer)
Sun cost: 225
Attack enemies in front of them. The more they attack the more fiery they become, can even ignite peas after set alight.
Special: Light itself after attacking for a while, can also be lit by other plants. Can ignite peas after being set alight.
Plant Food effect
When fed Plant Food, Match Flower Boxer will spit out fireballs in a 3x3 area around him and his petals will be set on fire.
His Plant Food effect is now one second longer.
- He is the sixth flower to use its "arms" to fight zombies. The others are Sunflower Queen, Royal Hypno-Flower, Morning Glory, Briar Rose, and Poppin' Poppies.
- He reuses Bonk Choy's punching sound effects.
- He is the only plant introduced in the 1.8.2 update that is not a Legendary plant. Instead, he is a Super-Rare plant.
- He and Bonk Choy are the only plants in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2 that can punch zombies.
- However, he is the only Chinese-exclusive plant to punch zombies.
- The punches he does are considered fire damage, which will melt slowed zombies.
- He is the third Chinese-exclusive thawing plant. The first is Pitaya and the second is Flame Flower Queen.
- He is the second plant that can light peas on fire. The first is Torchwood.
- If one or more Match Flower Boxers are in front of a Flame Flower Queen and the Flame Flower Queen sets the tiles in front of her alight, it will set fire to the Match Flower Boxers' petals.
- A similar thing happens when a Fire Peashooter shoots a fire pea in a lane with one or more Match Flower Boxers.
- Somehow, even when he's not on fire yet, he still warms nearby plants.
- His range is slightly longer than Bonk Choy's, and a bit more longer than Torch Kongfu Zombie's, as seen in the gallery.
- He, Jack O' Lantern, Rose Swordsman, Pretty Little Plum, Flame Mushroom, and Angel Starfruit are the only plants with a sun cost of 225.