Mars Flytrap is a galactic uncommon plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Smarty class. He costs 1 to play, and has 2/2. He does not have any traits, and his ability steals a section from the zombie hero's Super-Block Meter and adds it to the plant hero's Super-Block Meter every time he does damage to the zombie hero. This ability does not activate if the zombie hero blocks Mars Flytrap's attack.
His name, color, and gender may also refer to the planet Mars, a red planet is the solar system whose symbol also represents males.
- Class: Smarty
- Tribe: Flytrap Plant
- Traits: None
- Ability: When this hurts the Zombie Hero, steal a section from their Super-Block Meter.
- Set - Rarity: Galactic - Uncommon
He loves Venus Flytrap, but sometimes they see things SO differently!
- Added to the game.
Mars Flytrap is a really useful plant and has decent stats for a turn 1 play, filling up your block meter which increases your likelihood of a Super-Block against early threats like Mini-Ninja and makes it harder for your opponent to block your plants' attacks.
Take note that this ability does not activate if your opponent gets a Super-Block right away.
However, this can make you block unnecessary attacks, possibly leading you to use up all 3 Super-Blocks and being unable to block future attacks when needed. Fortunately, even if that happens, Mars Flytrap still drains your opponent's Super-Block Meter.
This plant can be very pesky if not prepared, as he can hurt you, make it harder for you to block, and make it easier for your opponent to block at the same time. If that is the case, try to play swarms of weak zombies to waste your opponent's Super-Block so that they will not be able to block stronger attacks.
- His name and description reference a popular book about relationship: Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus.
- The book uses the metaphor of the planets Mars and Venus as symbols of the stark difference between men and women.
- There is a glitch where if he attacks the zombie hero while they have an empty Super-Block Meter and only charges it by one section, he will steal it, but not charge the plant hero's Super-Block Meter by one.
- This is the only flytrap card that is in the Smarty class and not the Solar class.