Marine Biologist is a Super Rare variant of Scientist in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare and Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. It is extremely powerful and devastating at a close range, with an ability to deal 40 to 50 damage (when not upgraded) or 52 damage (when upgraded), downgrading to eight damage at far distances. They fire more rapidly than other Scientist variants and deal more damage but has a heavily decreased range.
The Marine Biologist and his Dolphin Zombie Companion are a dangerous pair. They are able to effectively spray fish innards with an almost unmatched style and effectiveness.
The Dolphin Blaster deals huge, fishy damage at close range!
The primary weapon of the Marine Biologist is the Dolphin Blaster, which deals 15-30 impact damage and 20-52 critical damage based on distance.
Sticky Explody Ball
Sticky Explody Ball is an explosive ball which explodes when an enemy plant is in a meter radius. It deals 50 damage.
With Warp, the player teleports to a location in preferential vision. The player deviates upward to go up stairs, small fences, etc.
Zombie Heal Station
The Zombie Heal Station heals all zombies within its radius.
Mega Heal Bomb
An alternate ability of Sticky Explody Ball, Mega Heal Bomb is a huge ball like the Sticky Explody Ball with a bigger radius. Heals all zombies in its radius by 50 health.
An alternate ability of Warp, Energy Warp allows the Scientist transferred into a pure energy that travels with the ability of invincibility. The Scientist is able to travel freely but can neither jump nor attack. It also gains a small speed boost.
Armored Heal Station
An alternate ability of Zombie Heal Station, Armored Heal Station heals at a slower rate than the Zombie Health Station, and self-destructs the same time as the Zombie Heal Station. Its incredible size allows players to jump on it to get to most buildings.
Sticky Cheetah Ball - GW1 Only
An alternate ability of Sticky Explody Ball, Sticky Cheetah Ball is orange in color with black spots, deals 75 damage.
Cheesy Warp - GW1 Only
An alternate ability of Warp, Cheesy Warp has the same use as Warp but deals 30 damage to all plants after reaching its destination.
Cheetah Heal Station - GW1 Only
An alternate ability of Zombie Heal Station, Cheetah Heal Station heals much faster, but also self-destructs faster.
Heal Beam of Science - GW2 Only
The Heal Beam of Science is the Computer Scientist's first activatable ability. Similar to Heal Beam, it will heal any zombie targeted by it, healing faster the closer the Scientist is to the healed target.
Less Slippery Fish
The fish snacks for Dolphin Zombie are less slippery, resulting in faster reload times.
Improved Dolphin Hunger
Dolphin Zombie is hungry and able to store more fish guts, resulting in an increase to ammo capacity.
Genetically Modified Fish
By using Genetically Modified Fish for food, the Dolphin Zombie spits out more damaging fish guts.
Use the Marine Biologist in close quarter maps and areas to do maximum damage to your enemies. Save your warps to get close to an enemy, if it is too overwhelming, use your second warp to get away and heal yourself. Marine Biologist is extremely powerful,but do not blindly run into the enemies,as they can take you out extremely quickly due to your low health,instead,sneak up on them and prepare to attack the moment you get the chance,the dolphin blaster's rate of fire and damage are sure to get you some quick vanquishes without losing much health or being vanquished yourself if you are agile enough. Remember to be constantly moving so you are a harder target to hit.
Stay far away from the Marine Biologist and go for critical hits to take him out quickly. If it warps towards you, the best strategy is to get critical hits, or use abilities to get away from him. For the Peashooter, use either of the hyper abilities to run away or run around him so you are a harder target to hit and to get critical hits. For the Chomper, just chomp or spray the Marine Biologist, however getting away with your burrow ability is a much better idea. For the Sunflower, make sure you plant either your healing or Dark Flower to heal or also attack the Marine Biologist, while aiming for critical hits on him. For the Cactus, place Potato Mines so he has to tread carefully to prevent being vanquished. Placing Tallnut Battlements also will help you stay alive longer as he has to aim higher on your body to hit you. Once again, aim for their heads for critical hits.
- Its Dolphin Blaster was in a trailer called Chum Rush with the phrase, "Put down the shotgun, pick up a dolphin!".
- In the Trouble in Zombopolis Part One DLC the Marine Biologist had it's splash damage reduced along with a warp nerf.
- Marine Biologist used to have a fast attack speed, but was nerfed in the Legends of the Lawn DLC due to its high close range power.
- However, this nerf was reverted undocumented at an unknown patch.
- Marine Biologist's weapon resembles the dolphin from Plants vs. Zombies.
- It makes sounds when it shoots and reloads.
- For some reason, the glasses of the Marine Biologist are also equipped with its tank helmet, which is peculiar, since the glasses are not connected with the tank helmet. This also happens with the dinosaur helmet that the Paleontologist wears.
- When it reloads, one can see that he tosses a fish up in the air, and the dolphin eats it.
- In Garden Warfare 2, it no longer wears glasses.
- According to the Zoologist's Stickerbook description, the Marine Biologist was taught marine biology at "Zomboss' Marine Biology and Fish Stick Academy".
- It also says that the Marine Biologist and the Zoologist were fierce rivals.