Map Pirate is a zombie in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare. Once the player destroys its map, it will run towards the player and attack, similar to what the Newspaper Zombie does in the first game and Newspaper Zombie (PvZ: GW). Its attacks are Zombie Hurt and Hard Rock Toss. Each Zombie Hurt attack deals 15 damage. Each Hard Rock Toss deals 25 damage.
Treasure Maps don't hurt people, Zombies hurt people!
The treasure map has 160 health and the zombie has 85 health.
- It looks similar to the Swashbuckler Zombie in Plants vs. Zombies 2, although the Swashbuckler Zombie does not have a map.
- Its description is a reference to the phrase "Guns don't hurt people, people hurt people."
- It is the pirate version of the Newspaper Zombie.
- Its map and the Newspaper Zombie's newspaper protect them from being swallowed by a Chomper.
- Map Pirate, Screen Door Zombie, Newspaper Zombie, Flag Zombie, and Heal Zombie are the only zombies to attack plants with their held item.