- For other uses, see Magnifying Grass (disambiguation).
Magnifying Grass is a premium rare plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Solar class. It costs 3 to play, and has 1. It does not have any traits, and its ability gives it +1 for each sun the plant hero has made on the turn it is played. Its closest zombie counterpart is Zom-Blob.
Its description refers to the fact that on some mirrors on cars, it says "Objects may appear closer than shown/Objects in mirror are closer than they appear." It is also a reference to how the Magnifying Grass is both appearance-wise and name-wise based on a magnifying glass which also causes objects seen through it to appear closer than they are.
- Class: Solar
- Tribe: Leafy Plant
- Traits: None
- Ability: When played: This gets +1 for each Sun you made this turn.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Rare
Zombies may appear closer than they are.
- ▲ Sun change: 4 → 3
Magnifying Grass is a very devastating plant, but only if you make lots of sun every turn. Use this to destroy zombies that you can't take care of with tricks, because it will be destroyed after fighting one, excluding Cat Lady in some situations. You should use this with sun-producing plants like Sunflower, Twin Sunflower, or Metal Petal Sunflower. While this plant's potential strength increases more as you fight longer, don't hold onto it for too long, as the strength bonus eventually becomes unnecessary even in the late-game.
Each Solar hero has their own effective way at using Magnifying Grass:
- Solar Flare can use Sunburn to make sun faster or protect it with damaging tricks like Berry Blast.
- Wall-Knight can protect it with Team-Up plants or boost its health with cards such as Photosynthesizer.
- Rose can Freeze or Bounce zombies to let Magnifying Grass hit the zombie hero or to prevent it from being destroyed. She can also use Brainana to prevent tricks from destroying it.
- Chompzilla can also boost its health with cards such as Fertilize, as well as make it do bonus attacks with Plant Food or Espresso Fiesta and boost Potted Powerhouse when it is played. Onion Rings also works extremely well with this, since it will make Magnifying Grass a 4/4, making it tougher and have more strength than the amount of sun the player made the turn it is played.
This plant can dish out a lot of damage to you since plants play after zombies play, which means your opponent can play it in an empty lane. If your opponent plays this when lots of sun have been made, you may lose quite easily. However, due to its pitiful health, you can use tricks to easily destroy it. Since it gets at least 4 strength due to its effect, Rocket Science always destroys it unless its strength has been dropped from Shrink Ray or Landscaper's ability or made earlier via Seedling. Bungee Plumber and Nibble are also cheap, yet effective choices. Conga Zombie and Stupid Cupid are also able to destroy this plant with their abilities unless Magnifying Grass' health has been boosted. Any offensive zombie can also work as it can both destroy Magnifying Grass in just one turn, as well as blocking its powerful attack. However, that zombie is most likely going to be destroyed unless it did a bonus attack or if it can't be hurt. Also, if it is protected by a high-health Team-Up plant like Wall-Nut, Magnifying Grass can destroy the zombie unharmed. Due to this, it is recommended to save your tricks for this scenario.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Magnifying Grass (PvZH).
- Its ability and appearance makes it a literal "glass cannon," a term used namely in RPGs or strategy games, meaning a strong unit that can be defeated easily due to its low health.
- Prior to update 1.2.11, Magnifying Grass did not activate its ability if it was made by Seedling or Petal-Morphosis' ability.
- It and Laser Bean are the only plant fighters to return from Far Future in Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- Coincidentally, both are in the Solar class.