(translation: Magic Mushroom)
|Range||Front & Back|
|Unlocked||Collect 10 Magic Mushroom Puzzle Pieces, daily reward, Exchange Store in PvP Mode|
Before becoming a dazzling Magic Mushroom, Magic Mushroom was just a mushroom with the most common round mushroom head in mushroom village, but everything's changed when it comes in contact with the world of magic."Yes! I am a shining star!" Skillfully playing with Magic Mushroom's poker in his hands, which he considers with his most handsome gesture... Don't be foolish to think that Magic Mushroom's hat contains a rabbit. If you open it then you're finished!
Magic Mushroom (魔术菇; pinyin: móshù gū) is a plant in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. It throws playing cards at zombies which deal 2 normal damage shots per hit forward and backward, but not at the same time.
Magic Mushroom's color scheme is very similar to the Agaricus mushroom. The "magic" part comes from its magic hat-shaped cap and the cards that surround the said cap, which are often used for many magic tricks.
魔术菇 (Magic Mushroom)
Sun cost: 175
RANGE: Front & Back
Magic Mushroom throws playing cards back and forth at zombies.
Special: It attacks zombies at front and back
Plant Food effect
When given Plant Food, Magic Mushroom summons five large top hats on random tiles on the lawn, creating illusions of zombies that consists of Basic Zombies, Conehead Zombies, and Buckethead Zombies, and sometimes Gargantuars. These Zombie illusions are respective to the world the level is in and fight for the player.
It will only spawn Buckethead Zombies and Gargantuars. In the 1.6.2 update and up, it now reduced the chance of spawning a Gargantuar and instead, it will now spawn illusion Conehead Zombie as well.
The Magic Mushroom is not very strong at battling zombies, as somewhat most other offensive plants are more powerful than it. However, it can shoot backwards and can be used against Prospector Zombies and Flying Imps. But the true power of it is in its Plant Food ability, where it is capable of spawning multiple high-health zombies that fight for the player that can include Gargantuars, which exceeds Hypno-shrooms in advantage as the Hypno-shroom can only create one hypnotized zombie at a time. Five to ten level 4 Magic Mushrooms connected by Tile Turnips are very deadly as the player can have a huge wave of illusion zombies approaching through the lawn, which will end up in the current zombie crowd overwhelmed. It is even usable as aerial defense in Sky City as in there the zombies created are aerial, allowing them to fight other zombies easily. Beware, as stronger plane zombies can kill even illusions Gargantuars in a slice.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Magic Mushroom.
- It, Freeze Mushroom, and Flame Mushroom are the only mushrooms that are exclusive to the Chinese version.
- They are also the only mushrooms that use magic to attack.
- It is the only mushroom that can attack both forwards and backwards.
- It shares the same idle animation with Sun Bean and the aquamarine Bowling Bulb.
- For some reason, in the upgrade menu, it has Rotobaga's level upgrade icons.
- However, since the Lost City update, Magic Mushroom has new level upgrade icons.
- It first appeared on the Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars website in May 2015.
- In the 1.6.0 update, it and Rose Swordsman had their sound effects added.
- It always shoots the ace of spade card.
- The Zombies do not have a hypnotized coloration, but they still fight for the player. This is because they are simply illusions created by the Magic Mushroom.
- Since 1.6.2 version, Magic Mushroom Plant Food's effect has been nerfed:
- In Kongfu World, if an illusional zombie managed to reach a Weapon Stand, it will somehow get reverted.
- It has less of a chance to spawn a Gargantuar and instead spawn Conehead Zombies more frequently.
- Any illusional zombies that are in Loquat's range can be attracted. The same is also happen to hypnotized zombies and pumpkin-head zombies.
- This is the only mushroom that is a monthly special plant.
- Illusion Gargantuars will not attempt to toss their Imps.
- Since Kongfu World has no specific Gargantuar, it reuses the original Gargantuar.
- In its seed packet and Puzzle Piece, it does not have any cards surrounding its cap.
- The plant name itself is an example of alliteration.
- Its cards cannot hurt a Barrel Roller Zombie's barrel. Instead, the cards will fly over the barrel and hurt the Barrel Roller Zombie pushing the barrel or another zombie if the Barrel Roller Zombie has been defeated.
- Even though Magic Mushroom cannot destroy Barrel Roller Zombie's barrel, it will keep trying to attack it.