(translation: Magic Mushroom)
|Range||Front & Back|
|Unlocked (China)||Collect 10 Magic Mushroom Puzzle Pieces, daily reward during August 2015, currently available in Exchange Store in PvP Mode|
Before becoming a dazzling Magic Mushroom, Magic Mushroom was just a mushroom with the most common round mushroom head in mushroom village, but everything's changed when it comes in contact with the world of magic."Yes! I am a shining star!" Skillfully playing with Magic Mushroom's poker in his hands, which he considers with his most handsome gesture... Don't be foolish to think that Magic Mushroom's hat contains a rabbit. If you open it then you're finished!
Magic Mushroom (魔术菇; pinyin: móshù gū) is a plant in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. He throws playing cards at zombies which deal 2 normal damage shots per hit forward and backward, but not at the same time.
Puzzle Pieces for this plant can be collected through daily sign-in reward for Android users in August 2015. He was released in the Sky City update for iOS, along with Rose Swordsman and Bamboo Brother.
Magic Mushroom's color scheme is very similar to the Agaricus mushroom. The "magic" part comes from his magic hat-shaped cap and the cards that surround the said cap, which are often used for many magic tricks.
魔术菇 (Magic Mushroom)
Sun cost: 175
RANGE: Front & Back
Magic Mushroom throws playing cards back and forth at zombies.
Special: It attacks zombies at front and back
Plant Food effect
When given Plant Food, Magic Mushroom summons five large top hats on random tiles on the lawn, creating illusions of zombies that consists of Basic Zombies, Conehead Zombies, and Buckethead Zombies, and sometimes Gargantuars. These zombie illusions are respective to the world the level is in and fight for the player.
He will only spawn Buckethead Zombies and Gargantuars. In the 1.6.2 update and up, he now reduced the chance of spawning a Gargantuar and instead, he will now spawn illusion Conehead Zombie as well.
Magic Mushroom is not very strong at battling zombies, as most other offensive plants are more powerful than him. However, he can shoot backwards and can be used against Prospector Zombies and Flying Imps. But the true power of him is in his Plant Food ability, where he is capable of spawning multiple high-health zombies that fight for the player that can include Gargantuars, which outclasses Hypno-shroom's Plant Food effect as Hypno-shroom can only create one hypnotized zombie at a time. Five to ten level 4 Magic Mushrooms connected by Tile Turnips are very deadly as the player can have a huge wave of illusion zombies to overwhelm the approaching zombie horde.
It is a horrible idea to use him in Kungfu World, as the Weapon Stands can transform the zombies made by Plant Food against the player. His cards can be deflected by Hammer Zombies and Nunchaku Zombies. Drinking Monk Zombies can easily deal huge damage to even Level 3/4 zombies. Never use him in a level with Torch Monk Zombies unless you can extinguish their torches as they can instantly kill even Level 4 illusion Gargantuars in one touch with them having the chance to attack. In Sky City, this also applies against Double-Cabin Aircraft Zombies.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Magic Mushroom.
- He, Freeze Mushroom, and Flame Mushroom are the only mushrooms that are exclusive to the Chinese version.
- They are also the only mushrooms that use magic to attack.
- They are also the only mushrooms that are monthly specials .
- He shares the same idle animation with Sun Bean and the aquamarine Bowling Bulb.
- For some reason, in the upgrade menu, he has Rotobaga's level upgrade icons.
- However, since the Lost City update, Magic Mushroom has new level upgrade icons.
- He first appeared on the Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars website in May 2015.
- In the 1.6.0 update, he and Rose Swordsman had their sound effects added.
- He always shoots the ace of spades card.
- The zombies do not have a hypnotized coloration, but they still fight for the player. This is because they are simply illusions created by the Magic Mushroom.
- Since 1.6.2 version, Magic Mushroom Plant Food's effect has been nerfed:
- In Kongfu World, if an illusion zombie managed to reach a Weapon Stand, he will somehow get reverted.
- He has less of a chance to spawn a Gargantuar and instead spawn Conehead Zombies more frequently.
- Any illusional zombies that are in Loquat's range can be attracted. The same is also happen to hypnotized zombies and pumpkin-head zombies.
- He is the only mushroom that is a monthly special plant.
- Illusion Gargantuars will not attempt to toss their Imps.
- Since Kongfu World has no specific Gargantuar, he reuses the original Gargantuar.
- In his seed packet and Puzzle Piece, he does not have any cards surrounding his cap.
- His cards cannot hurt a Barrel Roller Zombie's barrel. Instead, the cards will fly over the barrel and hurt the Barrel Roller Zombie pushing the barrel or another zombie if the Barrel Roller Zombie has been defeated.
- Even though Magic Mushroom cannot destroy Barrel Roller Zombie's barrel, he will keep trying to attack it.