Magic Beanstalk is a token plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Smarty class. It can be obtained as a card from Moonbean, Lima-Pleurodon, and Sow Magic Beans. It costs 1 to play, and has 4/4. It does not have any traits, and its ability draws a card when it is played, unless the plant hero already has 10 cards in their hand.
Its name and appearance are based on the gigantic beanstalk in the popular English fairy tale, Jack and the Beanstalk.
- Class: Smarty
- Tribes: Leafy Bean Plant
- Traits: None
- Ability: When played: Draw a card.
- Set: Token
Giant not included.
- ▲ Tribe change: Bean Vine Plant → Leafy Bean Plant
- Design change: Is now lighter in color and has purple sparks floating around it.
- Sound effect change: Now has been given sound effects.
Magic Beanstalk is a very strong plant for its sun cost, and is able to take a few hits and destroy a few zombies before getting destroyed itself. It is even more useful thanks to its ability to give you a card upon being played as well. You may be able to make a so-called rush deck with multiple Sow Magic Beans, if you keep getting them from each other. On top of that, this plant is also a bean plant, so using this with Bean Counter or Admiral Navy Bean can greatly help you.
This plant goes extremely well with Rescue Radish due to its good ability and low cost, as it allows you to draw many cards from a single Magic Beanstalk. However, if there's a better plant than Magic Beanstalk that needs to be saved, go for that plant instead. It also synergizes very well with plants with the Dino-Roar ability, as they receive a stat boost at a very cheap price, making Magic Beanstalk beneficial for decks containing them.
The only problem is, however, is that you will not get this right away after playing Sow Magic Beans, Moonbean doing damage, or Lima-Pleurodon activating its ability, and you may have to wait a few turns. If you are unlucky, you may get this too late, or may never get this throughout the entire game. Therefore, you should not solely rely on this for your main defenses.
This plant can be a pretty big threat if left alone, due to it having such a low cost and great stats. Its ability also gives your opponent an advantage. While there is nothing you can do about its ability, destroying Magic Beanstalk is very simple. Try to destroy it with zombies with 4 or more strength or the Deadly trait like Smelly Zombie or Toxic Waste Imp, or with tricks like Rocket Science or Cakesplosion. Do not Bounce this plant unless you are about to win, as your opponent can replay this and draw yet another card. Playing Quickdraw Con Man can help, as every time your opponent plays this card, they will take 1 damage. Bouncing it in this scenario is OK, but not advisable, unless you will win from it.
- Its description mentions the giant that owned the castle in the clouds that is reachable by climbing the beanstalk in said fairy tale.
- With 4 for the cost of 1, it has tied for the highest pure strength-per-cost ratio of any card in the game alongside Haunted Pumpking, excluding Tennis Champ on the turn she is played and Mini-Ninja when he attacks the plant hero.
- In the Colossal Fossils update, it was made to look greener with magic sparks around it. Its older design was later reused as Typical Beanstalk in the Triassic Triumph update.