|Abilities||When you play your first Trick each turn, Conjure a Trick.|
|He's not so much "mad" as he is "mildly annoyed."|
Mad Chemist is a premium super-rare zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Brainy class. He costs 4 to play, and has 2/3. He has the Gravestone trait, and his ability Conjures a random trick card when the first zombie trick is played every turn, starting from the turn he is revealed.
- Class: Brainy
- Tribe: Science Zombie
- Trait: Gravestone
- Ability: When you play your first Trick each turn, Conjure a Trick.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Super-Rare
He's not so much "mad" as he is "mildly annoyed."
Having less than average stats for a 4 cost zombie, Mad Chemist isn't mainly used for combat, but for his rather useful and interesting ability. As Super Brainz, you can boost him with Headstone Carver as he comes out from the gravestone. Using cheap tricks like Smoke Bomb can activate his ability and move him to an empty lane. If you manage to protect Mad Chemist, he can compensate for trick usage. Note that you will only get one trick from this zombie per turn. If you want to keep him alive as long as possible, you can use Vitamin Z, Camel Crossing, or Rock Wall so you can keep using his ability.
Because of his ability, it is best to play this zombie with other zombies that benefit from trick usage, such as Paparazzi Zombie, who gets stronger whenever a zombie trick is played, or Trickster, who gets cheaper by the same method.
Try to play at least one trick per turn when he is on the field, and protect him as well as you can, since he gives you a random trick regardless of rarity or class, giving you a chance to get very powerful tricks like Maniacal Laugh or Gargantuars' Feast.
Another good idea is to use the Zombie Yeti, as when it is played, it provides a Yeti Lunchbox, a 1-cost trick for you to use. And at the end of each turn, it bounces itself. Combine this with the aforementioned Trickster and Paparazzi, and you will overwhelm the field with tricks. However, this combo is Immorticia exclusive.
This zombie spawns from a gravestone, so using a Grave Buster is an ideal counter to him. Another strategy is using a powerful plant to deal with him, since he has low stats. Black-Eyed Pea and Sportacus can also be used to discourage the zombie hero from playing tricks, while Brainana can shut down the use of tricks entirely unless there is a Gentleman Zombie on the field.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Mad Chemist.
- According to Gadget Scientist's description, he copies Gadget Scientist's hairstyle. However, his hair looks somewhat different from Gadget Scientist's, but with the same color.
- Chemist's default hairstyle in the Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare series is spiked, while Mad Chemist's hairstyle sticks up.
- Mad Chemist's hairstyle is more similar to the "Perfect Hair" accessory for the Scientist in Garden Warfare.
- Since update 1.14.13, Mad Chemist is glitched so that he can also give cards that cannot been seen normally by the user. Examples of such cards include the Bungee Plumber used in the tutorial and a 99-brain cost Blank Zombie that cannot be played (which is used as a filler card in early AI and a few Witty Wednesday decks to deramp the difficulty).
- If Final Mission was the first zombie trick used in that turn, while the player chooses to destroy Mad Chemist, he would still activate his ability. The same also applies to Trick-or-Treater.
- Tricks Conjured by Mad Chemist do not say they are in their statistics.
- This also happens with Eureka.