|Absorbs||12 normal damage shots|
|Special||Instantly kills plants in an area of 3x3|
|Weakness|| (stunning effect)|
(Microphone attack gets reduced to a 1x1 area when shrunken)
|First seen||Neon Mixtape Tour - Day 10|
|MC Zom-B doesn't want you to know it, but his fancy bling is really just gold-plated zinc he got from his grandma.|
MC Zom-B is the seventh zombie encountered in Neon Mixtape Tour in Plants vs. Zombies 2. When the rap jam plays, it will start rapping, and if it encounters a plant within a 3x3 range, it spins its microphone to kill all non-defensive plants in the said area around it. Each spin deals a total of 40 bites of damage.
MC Zom-B's name is an abbreviated form of Master of Ceremonies, a person who hosts an event or performance. In the late 1970s, the term MC or M.C. became an alternative title for rappers, referencing their dedication to hip hop music and culture.
|After spinning his microphone.|
|Spinning his microphone.|
MC Zom-B wears a blue and white cap placed sideways on his head. It wears a pair of large shades that are crooked with the right part bent slightly upwards. The zombie has a shaved brown beard and short brown hair. In its mouth, a microphone is being clenched by its teeth as the cord hangs down. It wears a blue jogger outfit with the top quarter white and white lines from the outside of each leg up to the waist. It is wearing a pair of white sneakers with a red stripe alongside. Its left shoe is torn at the front, revealing its toes.
Its gold chain necklace hangs around its collar down to its stomach with a large circular ring with a giant "Z" serving as the medallion. This bling is also just a smaller version of Wild West Gargantuar's brand. It wears a thick gold ring on its left hand and a golden rectangle knuckleduster on its right hand.
When it is reacting to its jam, after spinning his microphone it will appear to have its microphone further lodged in its mouth. It will also look like it is sucking the object briefly.
Spins microphone to damage nearby plants when he's dropping his sick, sick rhymes.
MC Zom-B doesn't want you to know it, but his fancy bling is really just gold-plated zinc he got from his grandma.
Despite being weak in terms of health, its ability to instantly kill non-defensive plants during its rap jam makes this zombie become very problematic. Since it reacts instantly when a plant approaches or is planted in his damage area, the player must kill it as fast as they can. Furthermore, it can be assisted in getting further into your defenses by Breakdancer Zombie, whose ability to kick zombies forward also activates during the rap jam. In Modern Day, MC Zom-B can cause problems in the player's defense, as portals will allow for it to close the distance between itself and the plants to allow for a quick and devastating attack. What's even worse is that Breakdancer Zombies also spawn with MC Zom-B allowing the latter to get even further towards defenses.
- Straight-shooting and lobbed-shot plants have a long range, which makes MC Zom-B easier to defeat.
- Stunion, Stallia, and Iceberg Lettuce are effective in combating this zombie, as they can also prevent him from moving or can slow him down.
- Area-of-effect plants like Laser Bean are useful for killing MC Zom-B when tougher zombies are in front of (shielding).
- MC Zom-B will not attack ground plants such as Spikeweed, Spikerock, Potato Mine, etc. Because of this, these plants are a viable way to defeat this zombie. Planting one row of Spikerocks or two rows of Spikeweeds will defeat all MC Zom-B Zombies, provided they have not been sped up by jams. However, Celery Stalker should not be used, since MC Zom-B will kill it before the Celery Stalker has a chance to attack, unless MC Zom-B is slowed with a freeze attack or Stallia, or stunned with Stunion, Chili Bean's gas, or Iceberg Lettuce.
- Guacodile is also very useful against this zombie. Not only will it attack MC Zom-B with its avocado seeds but also after being hit with the microphone, it will perform its rush attack and kill the zombie instantly.
- Shrinking Violet is an effective counter to MC Zom-B because if MC Zom-B is shrunken, his microphone attack radius is decreased to 1x1, making them less of a threat.
- Primal Wall-nuts can stall this zombie as it takes 3 swings to fully get rid of the plant.
- Its name is based similarly to DJ Zom-B's from Plants vs. Zombies Adventures. Both of them also wear golden bling, although DJ's bling provides him with protection while MC's does not.
- It can destroy Infi-nut's force field and a Wall-nut in just two swings of its microphone.
- The reason why it can destroy the former's shield easily is because it deals 40 bites of damage over three lanes (two if in the top or bottom lanes) doing a total of 120 bites worth of damage (80 in top or bottom lanes).
- It is also able to kill a Chard Guard before being hurled back.
- Its medal has the letter "Z" in it, which could be referring to the word "zombie", or less possibly, the word "zinc" could be in its Almanac entry.
- Before the 4.1 update, when Sap-fling or Lava Guava is used in an MC Zom-B's attack area while its jam plays, it will react to the puddle it is standing on as if there is a plant nearby and continuously spin his microphone, not walking any further, thus not moving as long as the effect occurs.
- It, along with Punk Zombie, are the only zombies that have two attacks, other than the Zombots and the Gargantuars.
- If one looks closely, there is a bite mark on its hat.
- If a MC Zom-B comes out in a portal in Modern Day, it will still spin his microphone if it encounters a plant near him, EVEN THOUGH jams don't exist in Modern Day. This trait is shared with Breakdancer Zombie.
- When it is rapping during a rap jam, it periodically makes a noise that sounds like a record needle scratch.
- It shares the rap jam with the Breakdancer Zombie.
- It and the Breakdancer Zombie are the only zombies that share a jam.
- Once it starts spinning its microphone, it will not stop even if its jam goes away.
- This can be seen clearly by freezing or stunning it when it begins its spinning animation. When it thaws, even if its jam is not playing, it will continue to spin its microphone.
- This is also true if the player uses a Thyme Warp while in the middle of its spinning animation.
- It is one of the few zombies who can kill plants in other lanes, with the others being Jack-in-the-Box Zombie and Gargantuar Prime.
- The Travel Log quest for defeating it erroneously says "Defeat MC Zomb B Zombies!".
- Many other quests also have erroneous phrases in them.
- It is voiced by Nick Interlandi according to the credits.