Lurch for Lunch
|Abilities||A Zombie does a Bonus Attack.|
|Will work overtime for food.|
- Class: Brainy
- Tribe: Gourmet Trick
- Ability: A Zombie does a Bonus Attack.
- Set - Rarity: Basic - Common
Will work overtime for food.
- Rarity change: Uncommon → Common
- Design change: The brain is now more detailed and on a plate.
This trick should be used on either zombies with high strength or zombies that can directly attack the plant hero, preferably both. This trick can also be used to destroy a powerful plant with low health. Note that when you use this trick on a Paparazzi Zombie, he will attack before gaining strength from the trick.
This can be used more effectively on zombies with attacking traits:
- Bullseye zombies like Pool Shark and Mountain Climber do not charge your opponent's Super-Block Meter, allowing free damage on them. This can also be used to get rid of a blocking plant that stands in their way, so they can safely attack your opponent.
- Strikethrough zombies like Hot Dog Imp and Zombot Plank Walker can destroy a whole row of plants and bypass Team-Up plants as well as do damage to your opponent. Only Super Brainz can do this normally.
- Deadly zombies can destroy powerful plants that may cause trouble later on. Only Super Brainz can do this normally.
- Frenzy zombies can tear through a row of plants and damage the plant hero without being hurt. Only Immorticia and Rustbolt can do this normally.
- Anti-Hero zombies can take out a weakened plant on its way to do a whopping damage to the opposing hero on the Fight! phase. As a tip, you could pack in a Toxic Waste Imp and then use Lurch for Lunch on Mini-Ninja. Only Super Brainz can do this normally.
However, if there is Wing-Nut on the field, do not use this card, as its ability will be nullified.
There is nothing you can do if this trick is used. However, Brainana can prevent the usage of this trick, while Black-Eyed Pea and Sportacus can help deter Brainy heroes from using this trick. Just remember that if the bonus attack is what finishes them off, the two plants won't activate their ability. Also, for Black-Eyed Pea, your opponent may be purposefully playing it to destroy it with Rocket Science. You can also play Wing-Nut to make this card useless.