- For the Chinese version of the level, see Lost City - Day 9 (Chinese version).
- For the Chinese version of this level before the v1.8 update, see Lost City - Day 9 (Chinese version: pre-1.8).
Lost City - Day 9 is the ninth level of Lost City in Plants vs. Zombies 2. It is a Special Delivery level. It introduces and showcases Endurian. There are no Gold Tiles on the lawn in this level. After completing this level, the player receives a money bag.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|1||None||, , and are available|
|2||1 3 5||None|
|3||2 2||None||100% Plant Food|
|4||4 1 4||None||First flag|
|6||3 3 3||None|
|7||None||100% Plant Food|
|8||2 4 1 1 4 3 5||None||Second flag|
|9||1 3 5 2 4||None||100% Plant Food|
|10||1 3 1 3||None|
|11||2 5 2 5||None|
|12||2 5 2 5 1 3 4 2 5||None||Final flag|
- The plants will fare better on the left side on the lawn. As attacks start fairly early, this will allow to set up their defenses without bigger threats. Since Snapdragon is close-ranged, new waves of zombies will start at a slower pace than if they were planted more on the right side.
- In this level, Endurian serves primarily to delay the zombies instead of being a damage output. The latter falls to Snapdragon. As such, the player should focus on replacing damaged Endurians or ones that have been dug up by Excavator Zombie.
- Parasol Zombie does not pose a threat in this level; there are no lobbed-shot plants whose projectiles it would block. With that in mind, Excavator Zombie remains the only big threat. It should be noted that Spikerocks are the plant with the least priority, and therefore are good choices for scapegoats for Excavator Zombies.
- Cherry Bomb arrives in the latter part in the level, but it proves to be very useful as it comes in a moment where the player is likely to be overwhelmed by the sheer number of Buckethead Adventurer Zombies breaching through their defenses.
- *: Removed