Loquat (旋涡枇杷; pinyin: xuánwō pípá) is the first plant obtained in Sky City in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. She draws zombies from a 3x3 area, behaving like Sweet Potato, but she smacks the zombies she pulls on each other, which can deal massive damage to the zombies she pulls.
Loquat is based on the loquat, a fruit from the Rosaceac family, which is native to China.
Sun cost: 75
Loquat creates a vortex, that pulls zombies together.
Special: Generates a whirlwind, that pulls zombies in the sky.
Plant features: yellow plant, tornado family
Zombies will be pulled together normally but will not be spread out.
Note: Loquat cannot be upgraded to level 4.
This plant is better used with her costume. Using Area-of-Effect plants such as Spikeweed, Potato Mine and Winter Melon can deal with the increased stack. Just don't let the stack reach your plants or it will quickly tear through the defenses easily.
This plant is best to use at where she belongs, as she can deal damage to zombies there, and this is also where her level up works.
Loquats are also able to block the bullet attack of the Zombot Eagle-tron, which can wipe the lawn clean if not blocked effectively.
- She reuses Rotobaga's rotor texture.
- She also reuses Hammer Zombie's sound effects.
- This, along with Grapeshot and Cherry Bomb are the only instant-use plants with in-game obtainable costumes.
- She faces the left of the screen, unlike any other plant.
- This might be because she spins.
- For some reason, she is not considered as a "Flying plant" in her Plant features in the Almanac.