|Abilities||Destroy a Plant.|
|A plague upon your lawns!|
Locust Swarm is a basic common zombie trick card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Beastly class. It costs 5 to play, and its ability destroys a selected plant on the field. Its plant counterpart is Squash.
It is based on a swarm of Locusts, species of short-horned grasshoppers in the family Acrididae which possess both a solitary phase and a swarming phase.
- Class: Beastly
- Tribe: Pet Trick
- Ability: Destroy a Plant.
- Set - Rarity: Basic - Common
A plague upon your lawns!
- Description change: Was originally A plague. That'll show 'em!
Use it how you would when using Rocket Science or Cut Down to Size, since their effects are very similar. However, since unlike the two aforementioned tricks, this has the ability to destroy any plant fighter, so you may destroy threats that would gain stats over periods of turns, such as Pea Pod or Doubled Mint early, without needing to the two to gain strength to be destroyed. Alternatively, you may reduce another plant's strength as much as you need to while waiting for this trick to be given to your hand, in order to destroy it, since it has no restrictions. Plants such as armoured plants like Soul Patch or Tough Beets must be destroyed by this trick, because armoured plants can be very tough to kill.
- Its description is a reference to how locust swarms are a major threat to plants.
- It might also reference the fact that the collective noun for locusts is "a plague", and that one of the Ten Plagues of Egypt was a plague of locusts.