Lil' Buddy is a triassic uncommon plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Solar class. It is also made by Poppin' Poppies. It costs 0 to play, and has 1. It has the Team-Up trait, and its ability heals the plant hero for up to 2 when it is played.
- Class: Solar
- Tribes: Flower Seed Plant
- Trait: Team-Up
- Ability: When played: Heal your Hero for 2.
- Set - Rarity: Triassic - Uncommon
Wait, you want me to go in *front*?!?
- Tribe added: Seed
- Set - Rarity change: Token → Triassic - Uncommon
- ▲ Sun cost change: 1 → 0
Due to its lack of strength and its low health, Lil' Buddy's main purpose is to act as a weak shield against zombies, which could save an expensive or valuable plant. If you are low in health, you could also play it to restore your health.
It can be used as "cannon fodder" to trigger Briar Rose's ability, it can be used for Power Flower's ability to restore your health. It can also synergize with Spineapple (with Wall-Knight) and Go-Nuts (with Rose).
However, a more universal strategy is to play this as a free card to boost Pepper M.D.. Since Lil' Buddy heals you for 2 health, Pepper M.D. will boost itself provided that you are not at full health. If played on the 2nd turn, this makes Pepper M.D. more than 4/4 for just 2, which are quite powerful stats.
This plant will mainly block attacks from your zombies, but it is easy to take out. As long as it isn't boosted, any attack can destroy it. If you have zombies with the Frenzy or Strikethrough traits, using them will allow you to both destroy the Lil' Buddy and attack the plant hero. However, if Briar Rose is on the field, then this can cause a problem and spell disaster for both you and your zombies, as Lil' Buddy is also a flower. So if there is one, then it is recommended to destroy it with other cards before your zombies attack the Lil' Buddies. Alternatively, you could also use Weed Spray or The Chickening to get rid of all the Lil' Buddies without worrying about Briar Rose's ability.
If you see Pepper M.D., your opponent can play Lil' Buddy and boost Pepper M.D. greatly. Since your opponent will most likely play it on an empty lane, you will take a lot of damage. Fortunately, you can play either a Deadly zombie or Rocket Science on turn 3.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Lil' Buddy.
- Despite being called Lil' Buddy, it actually resembles a poppy seed pod rather than a poppy bud.
- It is one of the five seed cards in the game, the others being Seedling, Sunflower Seed, Astrocado Pit, and Lightspeed Seed.
- Its description references the fact that it has the Team-Up trait and how it is usually played in front of a plant to protect it.
- Its description is grammatically incorrect, as the description is a quote from Lil' Buddy, but has no quotation marks.
- The attack it does is similar to the attack from Pair of Pears, which involves it firing seeds.
- Sometimes, when it is played, it has 2 strength instead of 0. This is a bug.