|Tribe||Flower Seed Plant|
|Abilities||When played: Heal your Hero for 2.|
|Wait, you want me to go in *front*?!?|
Lil' Buddy is a token plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Solar class. It is made by Poppin' Poppies, but can also be made by Cornucopia's ability, [Card#Conjure|Conjured]] by Cosmic Flower, or transformed into by Seedling, Petal-Morphosis, or Reincarnation's ability. It costs 1 to play (only when it is Bounced or transformed into by Reincarnation), and has 1. It has the Team-Up trait, and its ability heals the plant hero for 2 when it is played.
- Class: Solar
- Tribes: Flower Seed Plant
- Trait: Team-Up
- Ability: When played: Heal your Hero for 2.
- Set: Token
Wait, you want me to go in *front*?!?
- Tribe added: Seed
- ▲ Ability added: Heal your Hero for 2.
- Class change: Guardian → Solar
Due to its lack of strength and its low health, Lil' Buddy's main purpose is to act as a weak shield against zombies, which could save an expensive or valuable plant. If you are low in health, you could also play it to restore your health.
For examples of synergies with other plants, it can be used with Spineapple and Pecanolith to fight back. Alternatively, it can be used as "cannon fodder" to trigger Briar Rose's ability, and if it survives for a turn, it can be used for Power Flower's ability to restore your health. However, only Wall-Knight can normally use this combo.
This plant will mainly block attacks from your zombies, but it is easy to take out. As long as it isn't boosted, any attack can destroy it. If you have zombies with the Frenzy or Strikethrough traits, using them will allow you to both destroy the Lil' Buddy and attack the plant hero. However, if Briar Rose is on the field, then this can cause a problem and spell disaster for both you and your zombies, as Lil' Buddy is also a flower. So if there is one, then it is recommended to destroy it with other cards before your zombies attack the Lil' Buddies. Alternatively, you could also use Weed Spray or The Chickening to get rid of all the Lil' Buddies without worrying about Briar Rose's ability.
- Despite being called Lil' Buddy, it actually resembles a poppy seed pod rather than a poppy bud.
- It is one of the four seed cards in the game, the others being Seedling, Astrocado Pit, and Lightspeed Seed.
- Coincidentally, the ones that aren't tricks all have 0 strength and 1 health when played.
- Its description references the fact that it has the Team-Up trait and how it is usually played in front of a plant to protect it.
- Its description is grammatically incorrect, as the description is a quote from Lil' Buddy, but has no quotation marks.
- The attack it does is similar to the attack from Pair of Pears, which involves it firing seeds.
- Sometimes, when it is played, it has 2 strength instead of 0. This is a bug.