|Tribe||Flower Seed Plant|
|Wait, you want me to go in *front*?!?|
Lil' Buddy is a token plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Guardian class. It is made by Poppin' Poppies' ability, but can also be made by Cornucopia's ability, or transformed by Seedling or Petal-Morphosis' ability. It costs 1 to play (only when it is Bounced), and has 1. It has the Team-Up trait, and does not have any abilities.
- Class: Guardian
- Tribes: Flower Seed Plant
- Trait: Team-Up
- Abilities: None
- Set: Token
Wait, you want me to go in *front*?!?
- Tribe added: Seed
Due to its lack of any strength and its low health, Lil' Buddy serves its purpose as a weak shield against zombies, and it could save an expensive or valuable plant.
It can be used with Spineapple to allow it to deal damage. Alternatively, it can be used as "cannon fodder" to trigger Briar Rose's ability, though only Wall-Knight can do this normally. If it survives a turn, it can be used for Power Flower's ability to restore the plant hero's health. Again, this combo is primarily only possible when playing as Wall-Knight.
This plant will just block attacks. As long as it isn't boosted, any attack can destroy it. If you have zombies with the Frenzy or Strikethrough traits, using them will allow you to both destroy the Lil' Buddy and attack the plant hero. However, if Briar Rose is on the field, then this can cause a problem and spell disaster for both you and your zombies, as Lil' Buddy is also a flower. So if there is one, then it is recommended to destroy it before your zombies attack the Lil' Buddies.
- Despite being called Lil' Buddy, it actually resembles a poppy seed pod rather than a poppy bud.
- It is one of the only two seed cards in the game. The other is Seedling.
- Coincidentally, both have 0 strength and 1 health when played.
- Its description references the fact that it has the Team-Up trait.
- Its description is grammatically incorrect, as the description is a quote from Lil' Buddy, but has no quotation marks.
- The attack it does is similar to the attack from Pair of Pears, which involves it firing seeds.
- Sometimes, when it is played, it has 2 strength instead of 0. This is a bug.