Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Level upgrade system is a mechanic in Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. Plants are able to be upgraded via Puzzle Pieces and money to become stronger, as well as to gain unique effects. The requirement also increases when that plant upgraded each time.
Since this mechanic make plants more stronger, it is advised to acquire more puzzle pieces and money to upgrade plants, especially advanced plants like Banana Launcher or Winter Melon. Levelling up plants is also very important since zombies can also level up and become more harder to defeat.
Requirement of each level
|Level||Required Puzzle Pieces||Required money|
- Some plants cannot be leveled up (for example, Power Lily, Sun Bean, Lily Pad).
- Spikeweed, Spikerock, Cherry Bomb, Jalapeno, Iceberg Lettuce, Potato Mine, Loquat and Jackfruit can only be leveled up to a maximum of level three after the 1.4.0 update.
- For Cherry Bomb and Jalapeno, it is because they are instant use.
- For Spikeweed, Spikerock, Iceberg Lettuce, Potato Mine, and Loquat, the reason is unknown.
- Loquat is the only plant introduced after the 1.4.0 update to have this trait.
- Zombies can also level up; however, the player cannot control this and it only increases the zombies' health and the damage they cause to plants.
- In the files, there is an unused red border for the seed packets.
- This border has been hacked in by some hackers and is for a Level 5 tier.
- It is unknown if this border will be implemented into the game.
- Guacodile, Fire Peashooter, and Rotobaga are the only plants given to the player that are leveled up at least once.
- Previously, Level 2 plants would have a blue ring around them at all times, and Level 3 plants would have a purple ring around them at all times. These effects were later removed in the 1.4.0 update.