Level 5-9 is the forty-nineth level in Plants vs. Zombies, Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West, and Plants vs. Zombies: Great Wall Edition, and it is the ninth Roof level. It is a regular level. When this level is finished for the first time, the player obtains the player receives a note from Dr. Zomboss.
- All Roof zombies and Jack-in-the-Box Zombie appear in this level.
- The level lasts for three flags, four if after first time.
- Bungee Zombies will appear often in this level, requiring the player to bring Umbrella Leaf to protect their powerful plants from being stolen.
- It is very difficult for new players, considering defenses are tested in every way.
- Required plants:
- Start out by placing two columns of Sunflowers in the back, but do not plant Sunflowers on the second column in the second and fourth rows. Plant Umbrella Leaves there instead.
- Then, plant Melon-pults in the third columns before the first wave comes. Use Squashes and Potato Mines for rows without Melon-pults. Do not use Melon-pults when you only have one column of Sunflowers, you will run out of sun extremely quickly, and strong zombies may appear.
- In the fourth column, plant Umbrella Leaves in the second and fourth rows, and plant Snow Peas in the fifth column.
- Then, plant Melon-pults in the first, third, and fifth lanes in the fourth column.
- Finally, remove the Sunflowers in the second and fourth rows in the first column, and replace them with Melon-pults.
- Note: You should have purchased Roof Cleaner before playing this level.
- This is the last regular level in Adventure Mode in Plants vs. Zombies.
- It is also the last daytime level.
- Jack-in-the-Box Zombie is the only Fog-encountered zombie in this level.