Level 4-2 is the thirty-second level in Plants vs. Zombies, Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West, and Plants vs. Zombies: Great Wall Edition, and it is the second Fog level. It is a regular level. When this level is finished for the first time, the player obtains the Cactus.
- The fog covers the four rightmost columns on this level, leaving five columns visible for the player.
- Football Zombie can easily eat through the player's defenses.
- If the player plants a Plantern, the next zombie will always go down its lane, so it needs reinforcements quickly.
My strategy : Select the following plants:
tall nut if 8 slots
anything if 9 slots
strategy : 1. plant sun shroom and puff shroom at the same time
2. put sun shroom and puff shroom on lily pads in the pool after land section is complete
3. plant plantern to see zombies while digging up now useless puff shrooms to replace for repeaters and snow peas
4. if jack-in-the-box or football zombie arrives, hypnotize it with hypno shroom
5. if you have 8 slots, put tall-nuts to support and defend the planterns because they are near the front of the defense line
6. if you have 9 slots, try fume shroom doom shroom freeze shroom etc. as they may help. If you have it, gatling pea is also good. On second playthrough, fill up excess spaces with marigold to make some money while you play as this can be quite rewarding, especially if the zen garden is already unlocked and you are currently working hard on it.
Well, I definitely wish you good luck on this level!
ABOVE STRATEGY BY RC2630
Here is another more official strategy:
- Required plants:
- Start out with planting Sun-shrooms and Puff-shrooms on the left side of the lawn with the occasional Sea-shrooms when it recharges. Then, plant at least one Repeater in each row if you have.
- If you want, plant Planterns to take away the fog. However, the Planterns are extremely vulnerable, so you need a Wall-nut in front of it.
- Use a Wall-nut or Tall-nut to defend yourself against Football Zombies. Hypno-shrooms might also do good.