Level 3-12 is a bonus level and also the twelfth Pool level in Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West. The player must pay 20 gems to gain access to this level. To complete the level, the player must produce at least 3000 sun.
- The player has to deal with the Dolphin Rider Zombie, the faster pool version of Pole Vaulting Zombie. After Dolphin Rider Zombie jumps over one plant, it loses its dolphin and moves like a regular Zombie, similarly to Pole Vaulting Zombie.
- The objective also increase the difficulty a little bit.
- Required plants:
- Plant three rows of Sunflowers with Potato Mines to kill the beginning zombies. Once you have enough sun, plant Repeaters or Snow Peas on every lane. Use two of them on pool lanes.
- Plant Squash in the pool lanes so that the Ducky Conehead Zombies die before reaching them and the Dolphin Rider Zombies will get dragged down by them.
- Plant at least two columns of Wall-nuts. In the pool lanes, and Spikeweeds in every land spot not taken to defend the expensive Repeaters.
- In the final wave, two Dolphin Rider Zombies and the three Conehead Zombies (that emerges from the pool) are the biggest threats. Make sure you have enough Repeaters and Squash to deal with them.