Level 2-12 is a bonus level and also the twelfth Night level in Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West. The player must pay 20 gems to gain access to this level. To complete the level, the player must not plant on the two leftmost columns.
- The objective could cause problems for the player, but it'd not be a big problem if the player choose Monkey King Peashooter as his/her Hero Plant.
- Required plants:
- Again, start out by planting Sun-shrooms and Puff-shrooms for basic defense and sun gathering at the beginning of the level. Plant at least three columns of Puff-shrooms and two columns of Sun-shrooms if possible.
- If you are overwhelmed early on, use the Ice-shroom. It will stall the zombies for long enough to be defeated.
- When your defenses become more fully developed, plant a few Repeaters for a stronger defense.
- Whenever a Dancing Zombie comes, plant a Hypno-shroom for the Dancing Zombie to eat. The Dancing Zombie will then summon four Backup Dancers to fight on your side. You can also kill it more easily by moving Monkey King Peashooter there.
- It is possible to beat this level using nothing but Puff-shrooms. This can be played for extra fun, challenge, or even both.